Your beauty is incomplete without clear and flawless looking skin. It’s every woman’s dream to have beautiful skin. This is why sales of skin whitening products are still skyrocketing. But, skin creams with chemicals that are supposed to lighten your skin tone can put you at risk of deteriorating skin ailments such as cancer.
Numerous skin lightening treatments are available on the market that can harm your skin. You might see visible lightening after just a week of using the product, but the long-term side effects can damage you both mentally and physically. Natural skin care is much better than skin treatments with chemicals. If you have still not tried remedies for whitening skin naturally, this is the right time to start incorporating a few into your daily regimen.
6 Home Remedies For Whitening Skin Naturally
- Cucumber: Cucumber is widely used for lightening dark spots and dark circles. You just need to grate a small piece of cucumber and squeeze the juice out. Apply the juice to your skin and wash it off after twenty minutes.
- Lemon: Lemon is a potent ingredient for whitening skin naturally.
It drastically lightens stubborn spots on the face as well as on other parts of the body such as the knees, underarms and elbows. Add equal quantities of rosewater, lemon juice and glycerine and store the mixture in a bottle.
Apply it regularly on the affected areas. If it stings your skin, you can dilute the mixture by adding more rosewater.
- Orange Peels: Orange peels are one of the effective ways for whitening skin naturally. Collect some orange peels and dry them in the sun. When they are dried, grind them to a powder and store in an airtight container. Take a tablespoon of orange peel powder and add raw milk to form a paste. Apply this paste to your skin, and then rinse with lukewarm water after twenty minutes. This is a great pack for reducing the appearance of acne, too.
- Sandalwood Powder: Place a tablespoon of sandalwood powder in a bowl and add a few drops of tomato juice, lemon juice and cucumber juice. Mix the ingredients well to prepare a paste, apply it to your skin and leave it to dry. Later, rinse the paste off with lukewarm water. This is an easy and safe way for whitening skin naturally.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are natural bleaching agents. They are very beneficial in lightening your skin tone. Regular application of potato juice reduces the blemishes and pigmentation on your skin.
- Almonds: Almonds work best for lightening skin naturally. Soak a few almonds in water for a few hours and peel them.
Make a paste of the almonds in water and add honey to it. Apply this paste to your skin and scrub using a gentle circular motion. Wash off the paste with water to have whiter and more beautiful skin.
You can use some of the above-mentioned home remedies for whitening skin naturally. You will have to use them regularly to see noticeable results, so be patient. Along with these home remedies for skin lightening, you should follow a proper skin treatment regimen to keep your skin healthy.
How To Naturally Whiten Skin At Home
Skin is an integral part of the body. It is essential that you keep it healthy and beautiful. You should cleanse tone, moisturize and scrub your skin regularly to slough off the dead skin cells that hide the fresh cells. Moreover, include healthy foods in your diet to boost your immunity and the health of your skin.
- Scrub: Scrub your skin at least twice a week. If you have oily skin, be careful when scrubbing.
Avoid using harsh scrubbers as they can aggravate the production of sebum. Gentle exfoliators with skin lightening properties are a great choice for whitening skin naturally. You can use gram flour to exfoliate your skin at home. It is best for all skin types, specifically oily skin.
You can prepare a paste of gram flour with a tablespoon of yogurt and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the paste evenly on your skin and let it dry.
Wash it off with plenty of water. It removes the top layers of the skin. When applied regularly, it will eradicate acne as well as dark spots from the skin.
- Cleansing: Regular cleansing is very essential for removing dirt, microorganisms and dust that accumulate on the skin. This will also help to prevent the formation of pimples and blackheads.
You can find natural cleansing milks on the market. Use one that is meant for your skin type. At home, you can make your own cleanser. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix in a few drops of lemon juice. Apply it to your skin and leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Moisturizing: Apart from removing excessive oil, cleansing also removes moisture from the skin. After cleansing, it is essential to moisturize your skin to obtain a flawless look. For women with oily skin, it is important to use an oil-free moisturizer.
Honey is a natural moisturizer that plumps your skin well. Fruits like banana, watermelon and papaya also provide adequate moisture. Dry skin is more prone to forming fine lines and wrinkles. Therefore, it needs regular moisture to remain healthy.
- Protection From The Sun: The ultraviolet rays of the sun can damage your skin. They may stimulate the aging process much sooner than normal. Prolonged exposure to the sun’s rays tans your skin and causes dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
Thus, it is best to avoid going out in the sun during the afternoon. In addition, apply a good sunblock with high SPF at least half an hour before going out in the sun.
- Eat Healthily: A balanced diet rich in needed nutrients, proteins, vitamins and minerals is important for maintaining healthy looking skin. Proteins work to repair damaged skin cells. Minerals and vitamins carry out various skin processes that are vital for keeping your skin healthy and whiten your face naturally.
You should not just try to lighten your skin. You should consider natural ways of doing so. Ensure you don’t irritate or damage your skin even more by using harmful ingredients.
Do your skin a favour by using safe products. You can also find many safe skin creams such as illuminatural 6i for whitening skin naturally.