Facts about Skin Lightening Creams
It seems today nearly every woman wants perfect and even skin and the market has reacted to meet those needs. If you do even a basic internet search you will find literally hundreds upon hundreds of options for skin lightener products.
However, the simple truth is that despite the hundreds of search results, you really only have a few options if you want lighter and more even skin.
Let’s take the time to learn about ALL the skin lightener products available before you commit to buying one.
6 Effective Skin Lightener Products
1. Chemical Peels—also known as chemexfoliation, involves applying a chemical solution to the skin, causing the outer layers to dissolve, blister and peel away. Literally, you are wounding your outer skin layers though doing so in a controlled fashion.
The idea is by causing this trauma to your skin it forces your skin to heal itself, creating a new, even layer of skin.
However, the treatment is painful, lasting often an hour and the burning sensation lasting a while after the treatment. The pain doesn’t stop there as you can expect redness and irritation 3-7 days after the treatment. People with darker skin tones may not have optimal results.
2. Microdermabrasion—this method involves gently sloughing off the top layer of skin using a diamond tipped wand. This method has little effect on deep pigmentation, scars, and wrinkles but may help your skin look healthier.
3. Dermabrasion—not to be confused with microdermabrasion, dermabrasion is a surgical procedure that involves surgically scrapping away the top layer of skin. Used to soften sharp edges of skin irregularities like scarring. Recovery and healing time can take weeks to months and also costs up to $4000.
4. Lasabrasion/ Laser Peel—laser peels work by directing concentrated, pulsing beams of light at irregular skin which removes the skin layer. Most often, it is used to treat fine skin lines and wrinkles, as well as acne scars.
However, those with ongoing acne or darker skin tones are not considered good candidates.
5. Skin Bleaching—this is one of the skin lightener products that uses a chemical called hydroquinone which has been banned in the European Union, Japan and France as it is known to cause cancer in humans, including leukemia. However many products in the United States still use this dangerous chemical so you MUST READ LABELS!
6. Skin Lightening Creams—doing a search will reveal hundreds of skin lightener products and skin creams all of which claim to lighten your skin. However the majority of these products are not nearly as effective as they are advertised. However, there is one standout leader amongst them—Illuminatural 6i.
Illuminatural 6i is the only product today that is safe and effective using natural ingredients including 6 clinically proven skin lightening actives, combined with 8 natural plant extracts and 5 refined minerals that work together lighten your skin as well as improve skin quality and tone in a safe and clinically proven manner. Truly, the BEST option of the skin lightener products on today’s market.