Who doesn’t want flawless, even-toned skin? Admit it. You are one of the many women from around the world who is obsessed with getting that fairer or more even skin tone.
Because of the increasing demand and clamor for whiter skin, many companies have manufactured their own skin whitening products, including skin lightening soap that promises whiter skin. The question now is what type of skin whitening soap should you go for.
The truth is, there are many skin lightening soaps available in the market. To guide you better, here are 15 of the best skin bleaching soap products available in the market that are worth trying, plus find out the most important tip to remember when it comes to skin lightening:
1. The Facts: A Glimpse at the Latest Skin Whitening Statistics and Numbers
Before you get to know the many skin whitening soaps that promise to make your skin whiter, it is important that you understand the global phenomenon of skin bleaching.
Here are some facts and numbers in the world of skin whitening:
- The skin whitening cosmetics niche is a multi-billion-dollar industry that promotes the idea that whiter skin equates to beauty.
- Skin lightening cream, soaps, and other products are popular in Asian and African countries.
- In India where the caste system is still prevalent, people invest in skin whitening for a better existence and more opportunities.
- Up to 70 percent of women use skin lightening products in certain parts of Africa, with 75 percent of Nigerian women reporting they have tried a skin lightening cream.
- Hydroquinone content of eight to 15 percent could cause irreversible skin damage.
Read the next section to find out how skin bleach soaps work.
2. What’s in a Whitening Product: How Skin Lightening Soap Works
You know that the use of skin whitening products is a global phenomenon. In fact, women are willing to line up and spend on products that promise to make them whiter. The question now is this: how does it work?
Most skin lightening soaps work by:
- Blocking the excessive production of melanin, the pigment responsible for your skin color, to make your skin whiter.
- Cleaning and clearing out your body by removing bacteria and other unwanted components that cause buildup on your skin.
- Gently exfoliating your skin to allow new, healthy skin to surface.
Skin whitening soap is meant to be used all over your body, which is why it contains more active ingredients to lighten your entire skin. What type of skin lightening soaps should you use? The succeeding sections will tell you more about it.
3. Papaya Soap: A Skin Whitening Soap You Should Never Miss
This type of skin lightening soap is among the popular but budget-friendly products available in the market. The main component of this soap is papain enzyme from papaya.
Papain is a fruit enzyme that naturally acts as an exfoliator for your skin. Being an exfoliant, it removes dead skin cells and other unwanted components in your skin that clogs your pores and makes it darker. Once the dead cells are away, new and healthy skin cells will surface on top of your skin and stay, thereby making it healthier and fairer.
Aside from papain, papaya soap contains other herbs and ingredients to keep your skin moisturized and repair sun damage that darkens your skin. If you are looking for gradual change in your complexion sans irritation, this soap is your best bet. It works well with sensitive skin too.
This is just the beginning. Stick around to know more about your options, plus learn about the most important tip to remember when it comes to skin whitening at the end of this post.
4. Going Natural in Skin Lightening Using Kojic Acid Soap
Kojic acid came from native Japanese mushrooms and a by-product of the fermentation process for sake. Since its formal discovery in 1989, kojic acid became a staple in skin care products, primarily for skin whitening. This is also safer but effective alternative to hydroquinone.
How Kojic Acid Works
When you use it as a soap, kojic acid works on and affects the melanocytes, and interfere with your body’s production of melanin. It also prevents tyrosinase, a type of enzyme that helps in the manufacture of melanin. As a result, kojic acid soap reduces dark spots and prevents dark pigments from coming back.
That’s not all. Kojic acid is also considered as an antioxidant, thereby reducing free radicals in your skin. This also minimizes the oxidative damage to your skin cells, which makes your skin fairer and healthier.
Kojie San is the most popular skin whitening soap in the market. Nonetheless, if you plan to treat spots caused by acne or you want to minimize the appearance of scars and freckles, you might want to consider another product called Illuminatural 6i. It works best on any skin type, too.
5. Arbutin Soap: A Skin Lightening Soap You’ve Probably Never Heard of – Yet
When it comes to lightening your skin, kojic acid and papaya soap will always be on top of your list. Did you know that there is a better ingredient that could kick them to the curb? It goes by the name arbutin.
Arbutin is a molecule extracted from bearberry plant that prevents melanin formation. Just like kojic acid, it is also a tyrosinase inhibitor that comes with lightening and brightening effects.
Here’s what sets arbutin apart from the other skin lightening soaps: despite the inhibitory effects, it is gentler on your skin and less irritating. It also comes with sun protection properties, thereby reducing your risk of skin darkening and further damage. Arbutin is also effective in reducing the appearance of acne scars and works better than hydroquinone.
Give arbutin soap a try. If you use it regularly, you will notice an improvement in your skin color in just a few weeks.
6. Licorice: An Ayruvedic Herb That Surprisingly Lightens Your Skin
One of the most effective herbs that work wonders in your skin is licorice. Its antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties make this ayurvedic herb a favorite even in skin lightening soaps.
When used as soap, licorice helps reduce pigmentation and effects of sun damage, regardless of your skin tone. It also blocks production of melanin to minimize hyper-pigmentation, thanks to its active compound called glabridin. As a result, your skin becomes brighter, clearer, and well-hydrated. It also increases your skin’s fairness and natural glow.
In other words, using licorice soap could brighten the appearance of your skin and keeps it fresh and healthy. There are few top choices for licorice soap, one of them is Lotus Herbals. Go ahead and give it a try.
Don’t worry. There are few more skin whitening soaps you can try, plus natural remedies to lighten your skin towards the end of the article. Keep on reading to learn much more.
7. Saffron: A Popular Spice that Works Well in Keeping Your Skin Fair
Have you seen the movie, No Reservations? If you noticed, Catherine Zeta Jones’s character Kate always mentioned “saffron sauce.” This popular spice is a great addition to your meals because of its unique flavor and color.
Did you know you can use saffron to achieve your whitening goals?
Saffron has natural skin lightening and moisturizing properties to keep your skin softer, fairer, and more radiant. If you want to make the most out of saffron, go for saffron soap with goat milk. Goat milk acts as a skin bleach agent and controls dark spots. When combined together, saffron and goat milk soap gets rid of pigmentation marks and blemished in no time.
Check out the beauty stores near you for your supply of saffron soap. If you want to use saffron as it is, you can try this:
- Soak few strands of saffron in milk for two hours.
- Rub the mixture on your face and neck and let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
Make sure you do this everyday to see noticeable improvement in your complexion.
8. More Than Just a Spice: Turmeric Soap for Skin Bleaching
You might recognize turmeric as a kitchen spice that adds more flavor to your meals. Believe it or not, this spice could also do wonders on your skin. In fact, it is among the most natural remedies to lighten not just dark spots but also dark skin.
The question is how.
It’s all because of curcumin. This component regulates melanin production and prevents your body from producing too much that could lead to darker skin. Consequently, curcumin helps even your skin tone and keeps your skin brighter and more rejuvenated. It is also an antioxidant, thereby removing toxins from your body and keeps you healthy inside out.
Here comes the best part: turmeric moisturizes your skin sans irritation and unwanted side effects. Nonetheless, keep in mind that the effects may not be permanent. If you plan to use turmeric soap, then make sure you will use it regularly to maintain the effects.
If you want another surefire way to achieve a perfect skin tone, you can try the next skin lightening soap.
9. Glutathione Soap: A Crowd Favorite in the World of Skin Whitening
When it comes to tip to remember, there is one type of ingredient that will always make it to the list. It goes by the name glutathione.
Glutathione is a type of antioxidant produced by human bodies. When topically applied in your skin, it stops or minimizes production of melanin or dark pigments, thereby making your skin fairer. It also removes dead and dull skin cells to accelerate cell turnover and at the same time, smoothes your skin’s texture.
In case you have skin issues like acne scars, freckles, sun spots and melasma, using glutathione soap could also help you minimize their appearance. For best results, leave the soap on for two to three minutes and gently scrub it using a sponge or loofah.
Here’s the catch: it can dry your skin. After using glutathione soap, make sure to use a moisturizer after to minimize dryness of skin.
10. Placenta Skin Bleaching Soap: A Whitening Soap Worth Trying
What comes to your mind when you hear the term, “placenta?” It might not be the most appealing thing to hear, but believe it or not, placenta soap is one of the best soaps you can feed your skin.
What can it do to your skin?
Placenta soap focuses on old and damaged skin, thereby restoring it to its youthful look. At the same time, it safely removes dark spots and pigmentation to make your skin look younger and healthier.
What makes placenta soap extra special is that it is made from animal placentas. Placentas are building blocks of life, thereby help in repairing and restoring your skin tissues. This leads to an enhanced and fairer skin, especially when combined with goat’s milk. After all, goat’s milk also provides nourishment and hydration to your skin.
Give placenta soap a try. You may also try placenta cream to keep your skin moisturized and protected against free radicals that could contribute to dark skin.
11. Green Tea Whitening Soap: One of Skin Lightening’s Unsung Heroes
You often associate green tea with weight loss. More than this, did you know that this favorite Asian tea could aid in keeping your skin fair?
You have to thank its rich antioxidant content. By using green tea soap, the antioxidants from green tea work by removing free radicals in your skin. It is also rich in vitamin C, which helps prevent accumulation and development of melanin in one area only. At the same time, green tea is capable of reviving dry skin cells and nourishes your skin to keep it fair, healthy, and more radiant.
Green tea works when you drink a cup every day. To boost its whitening effects, use its soap variant. When used regularly, it protects your skin against further pigmentation.
12. Black Pearl Whitening Soap: A Soap Worth Trying on Your Skin
Have you tried using black pearl soap for skin whitening? If not, then now is the right time to do it.
Black pearl soap effectively removes dark spots in your skin, which makes it effective for skin bleaching. Aside from this, this skin lightening soap is an excellent exfoliant that removes dead skin cells and stimulate cell regeneration.
Here’s the catch: black pearl soap can dry your skin. Therefore, it is best to use a moisturizer after to keep your skin hydrated. It doesn’t bubble well too, which is a good sign that the black pearl soap you bought is pure.
Make sure you use the soap regularly to see noticeable improvements in your skin.
Individually, these skin whitening soaps are already effective in making your skin whiter. However, there are some cosmetic companies who combine two or more whitening ingredients to make it more effective. Learn more about these combinations below.
13. Combining Lightening Ingredients Into a Single Soap
If you notice, there are skin whitening soaps that combine two or more ingredients. There is a presumption that this combination of lightening ingredients could make the soap more effective in helping you achieve the perfect skin tone. However, the combination of ingredients must be in such a way that they will complement each other and not work against one another.
Here are some of the most effective combinations:
- Papaya and Kojic Acid – A whitening soap with this combination exfoliates your skin and at the same time, breaks down the top layer of your skin to get rid of damaged skin cells.
- Kojic Acid and Glutathione – This combination offers whitening effects, while the antioxidants coming from glutathione removes free radicals causing the darkening of your skin.
- Saffron and Goat Milk – The goodness and whitening abilities from saffron and goat milk surely make this whitening soap a lethal combination. You can also go for soaps with honey to keep our skin nourished, moisturized, and pampered.
Aside from these combinations, there are also skin whitening product manufacturers that use herbal ingredients in their skin whitening soaps. Some of these include:
- Aloe vera
These ingredients are also effective in controlling melanin production. At the same time, these natural ingredients encourage skin bleaching and restore your skin’s natural freshness. The best part is since it uses natural ingredients, the side effects are minimal, too.
Without a doubt, these skin lightening soaps could change your skin color and pave way for a perfect skin tone. Nonetheless, these soaps will only be effective if you use it regularly and consistently. Otherwise, none of them will work despite their proven track record in the world of skin lightening.
Let’s say you want to keep it safer and more natural. Check out the next section and find out how to lighten your skin using ingredients you can find at home.
14. Going Natural: Skin Lightening Home Remedies You Can Try for a Fairer Skin
It’s okay to use skin whitening soaps to lighten your complexion. Still, it won’t hurt if you will consider natural remedies to even your skin tone.
Here is a list of skin lightening home remedies you should try:
- Lemon – This natural bleaching agent is a staple in the world of skin lightening. Apply lemon juice on your face and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Tomato Juice – Tomatoes moisturizes and whitens your skin, thereby making it glow and look fairer by regularly drinking its juice. You can also mix crushed tomatoes with yogurt to make your own face mask.
- Yogurt – The lactic acid content naturally bleaches your skin to make it whiter. Rub fresh, plain yogurt on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it with water.
- Papaya – There is a reason why papaya soap is among the top bets for skin whitening. You can eat it or make a mask out of it by mixing crushed papaya with lemon juice.
- Potato Juice – This may be a surprising entry, but potatoes are effective in making your skin whiter and keeping it moisturized. Simply rub the juice on affected areas and leave it on until it dries. Rinse your face with mild soap after.
- Gram Flour – This ingredient not only lightens your complexion, but it also removes excess oil, gets rid of blackheads, and keeps your skin moisturized. Add two tablespoons of gram flour with rose water until it forms into a paste. Massage the mixture all over your face and let it stay for 30 minutes before washing it off with water. Make sure you do this at least three times a week to see the difference.
Aside from going natural, there is one important tip you should remember. Find out what it is by reading the next section.
15. The Most Important Tip to Remember in the World of Skin Lightening
All of the skin lightening soap products could help improve your skin color and make it whiter. If you want something faster, then you will never run out of options too. However, here is something you should remember before you consider skin whitening: you are beautiful regardless of your skin color.
It’s okay to use skin lighteners like Illuminatural 6i to lighten dark spots such as scars and freckles. It won’t hurt if your primary purpose is to even your skin tone. Still, don’t let skin whitening become your obsession. Beauty and perfection is not defined by one’s skin color. It’s about acceptance and being confident about it.
Go ahead, come out, and be proud of your color. You are beautiful no matter what.
Aside from the tip to remember when it comes to skin lightening, here is another reminder: be patient. Lightening your skin doesn’t happen instantly. In fact, it is a gradual process that requires time, consistency, and effort to make it work.
Once you found the perfect skin lightening soap for you, stick to it. Make sure you’ll employ crucial skin care routines such as moisturizing your skin after cleansing and applying sunscreen to prevent further darkening of your skin.