Skin lightening is the process of using chemical and natural substances in the form of skin lightening lotions, gels, pills, and soaps. These skin products help to provide a smooth and even skin tone.The aim of using a skin lightening lotion varies significantly among people. Some women use skin whitening products for aesthetic reasons. White skin is a fascination for many, as it is linked to royalty and wealth.
People with acne scars and blemishes have enough reasons to use an effective skin lightening lotion. Skin imperfections can be distressing to people, especially women.
What Are The Causes Of Skin Disorders?
There are many reasons for skin disorders. Your body produces either very low or high amounts of skin pigment called melanin. It is responsible for giving color to your hair, skin, and eyes. Excessive formation of melanin causes hyperpigmentation.
In some women, pregnancy can induce dark skin patches on the face. Generally, the patches fade away after childbirth. In addition to these reasons, skin discoloration may also be brought about by heredity.
Several treatment options have been introduced to treat skin pigmentations. These include laser treatments, chemical peels, topical skin lightening creams, and surgery. The safe way is to look for a natural skin lightening lotion for the topical treatment of your skin imperfections.
Basic Tips for Healthy Skin
- Use sunscreen religiously: About 90% of the skin disorders such as skin cancers and wrinkles are caused due to the exposure to UV rays of the sun. Regular application of sunscreen blocks harmful radiation and prevents skin damage. You should use a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF of at least 15. Alternatively, you can find an effective skin lightening lotion that contains sunscreen.
- Drink lots of water: We are all aware of the importance of drinking water for health. It helps to improve skin complexion and keep the skin hydrated.
Fruits and Vegetables: You should include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Try consuming foods high in essential fatty acids. This is because fatty acids encourage the formation of collagen and help with cell formation. Flax seeds, walnuts, and fish like salmon are a good choice. Starting your day with a glass of lemon water is also beneficial for your skin. It flushes toxins out of your body and helps brighten your skin.
- Moisturize your skin: Dry skin looks ashy, pigmented, and dull. Thus, it is important to provide enough moisture for your skin. Before moisturizing your skin, you should wash your face properly. This helps to get rid of makeup, dirt, and oils that accumulate on your skin’s surface. Dirt and excessive oil on your skin can easily clog your pores.
- Keep your face clean: Dead skin is flaky and dry. It does not easily come off with a moisturizer. Cleansing and exfoliating your skin regularly will remove dead skin cells and allow the new skin cells to come to the surface. Exfoliation helps you to get a brighter skin tone. You can exfoliate in various ways. Use of a washcloth, exfoliating cleanser, and natural products are some effective methods for exfoliation.
- Minimize cigarettes: Cigarettes are damaging to your overall health. They accelerate aging and cause skin pigmentation. Studies have indicated that cigarette smoke reduces vitamin C from your body, which is a prime ingredient for keeping your skin plump and moist.
- Reduce alcohol use: Excessive consumption of alcohol makes your skin look dull and tired. It dilates small blood vessels in the skin and enhances the blood flow near the skin’s surface. Gradually, the blood vessels are damaged and affect your skin significantly.
Use a weekly nourishing mask: Homemade facial masks and beauty treatments can bring remarkable benefits to your skin. They provide deep nourishment to the skin. Masks can also be used to increase blood circulation, moisturize, detoxify, and replenish nutrients. Using a mask along with a good skin lightening lotion is an easy way to restore your skin.
Now, let’s find out about a natural and effective facial mask that you can easily prepare at home.
Turmeric and Honey Beauty Mask
Turmeric is a spice that has been used for ages by women in India for beautiful and healthy skin. It has been proven effective for acne scars and aging skin. The antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are both important in treating skin conditions.
- Turmeric– 1 teaspoon. It can be easily purchased in a grocery store. You can also order it online.
- Milk– 3 tablespoons milk. You may also use yogurt, sour cream, olive oil, or coconut oil in place of milk. Use the one that works well with your skin type.
- Honey– A few drops. The anti-inflammatory properties of honey soothe your skin and make it smooth.
- Oats– 2 tablespoons. Oats are great for exfoliating your skin.
Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together. Apply an even layer of the paste to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water, scrubbing gently. Moisturize your skin with a good moisturizer.
Tip: Turmeric does stain clothing. So make sure that you take care of your clothing when applying a turmeric mask.
Do You Need A Skin Lightening Lotion?
Using natural home remedies to lighten your skin indeed needs patience. People with busy lifestyles may not be interested in preparing home masks. Also, sometimes natural ingredients may not give you the results you are looking for. This is when you should try an effective skin lightening lotion that has been created to lighten dark areas on the skin.
Using a powerful, proven, and natural skin lightening lotion like Illuminatural can help get that appealing look back. It really does lighten your dark spots and acne scars. If you search the Internet, you will find a lot of information and positive reviews from satisfied consumers.