Nobody likes to have a face covered with blemishes, dark spots and pigmentation. People with skin issues often remain secluded and aloof, which drastically hampers their self-esteem. If you are one of those people who avoids going to get-togethers because of your skin, stop fretting. Now it is so easy to get your glow back with the help of a skin brightening moisturizer.
A skin brightening moisturizer is designed to whiten the dark spots and blemishes on your skin. If your skin has dark pigmentation, a skin brightener will be of great help.
These skin brightening products also have anti-aging properties that help to diminish the signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines.
The natural ingredients contained in most of the skin brightening treatments assist in the formation of healthy skin cells and a smooth skin surface.
Using A Skin Brightening Moisturizer
A simple overnight application of a skin brightening moisturizer will drastically lighten your overall skin tone. Just cleanse your skin and apply a thin layer of your moisturizer. You will notice a difference within two to three weeks of regular application.
Effective Ingredients In Skin Brightening Moisturizer
When choosing a skin lightening moisturizer, make sure that it contains ingredients that are herbal. A skin whitener with ingredients such as mercury and hydroquinone can be unsafe. Active ingredients in skin lightening moisturizers could include kojic acid, alpha arbutin, niacinamide, aloe Vera, ginkgo biloba, ginseng and licorice extract.
These ingredients work to lighten the skin tone by inhibiting the formation of melanin. This helps to remove older darker cells and replace them with newer and lighter ones.
Finding The Best Skin Brightening Moisturizer According To Your Skin Type
Choosing a skin lightening moisturizer that works on your skin type is very important because you would not want your skin to worsen.
So before picking a skin product, research your skin type thoroughly to find out what ingredients will work best. This will definitely increase your chances of seeing the results you have always desired.
The Common 4 Types of Skin:
- Normal Skin Type: Normal skin is best since it is neither too oily nor very dry.
The skin is free from any acne, blackheads or whiteheads.
Since normal skin has enough hydration, choose a light skin whitening moisturizer. Also, use a sunblock with high SPF during the day to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Dry Skin Type: Dry skin easily becomes dry and rough because it lacks moisture. Skin products with excessive alcohol content do not go well with dry skin as alcohol aggravates dryness. Dry skin easily gets inflamed, irritated and itchy. Therefore, pick a skin brightening moisturizer with soothing ingredients such as aloe vera.
- Oily Skin Type: Oily skin looks greasy, heavy and shiny. The skin’s pores often trap dirt, which causes blackheads, whiteheads and acne to form.
When choosing a skin brightening moisturizer for oily skin, you need to be very careful. Avoid using a skin product that is loaded with oils and harsh chemicals.
Natural and soothing ingredients are perfect for oily skin. Also, keep your skin protected from the sun.
Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated. Using a skin brightening mask and exfoliating your skin weekly will ensure the removal of dead skin cells and will keep the skin’s surface smooth.
- Combination Skin Type: If your nose, forehead and chin are usually oily compared to other parts of your face such as the cheeks, eyes and temples, then you most probably have combination skin.
To ensure that you receive maximum benefits from your skin brightening moisturizer, pick one that is hypoallergenic and herbal. Further, make sure to get adequate sleep to revitalize your system and your skin. Visit your dermatologist regularly for facial treatments.
Important Tips To Follow
Whatever skin product you use on your skin, it is important to follow the directions carefully so that you can achieve the maximum benefits. Below are some tips to help you in your journey to making your skin beautiful.
Be Patient: A natural skin brightening moisturizer is an effective way to remove those stubborn spots. Natural skin lightening products, when used appropriately, accelerate the process and give your skin a new look.
However, patience is extremely essential when it comes to attaining a flawless complexion. This is because it may take a few weeks or even months to fade away the scars and pigmented skin cells.
- Read The Guidelines: You should go through the guidelines stated on the skin brightening moisturizer you are using. Read the instructions thoroughly to avoid harming your skin.
- During Pregnancy: Most importantly, if you are pregnant do not use just any skin brightening cream.
Talk to your gynecologist if you don’t find any information regarding the suitability of the product for pregnant women.
- Safety Of The Product: You can use some skin lightening products, specifically those that are natural, for more than six months at one stretch without causing many side effects.
You can only use products that contain chemicals such as hydroquinone for shorter durations.
Generally, you use them for only two to three months. So be sure to read the label and research properly to know how long you can use a particular product on your skin.
- Use Sparingly: Don’t be tempted to apply more than the recommended amount of skin brightening moisturizer as it will not do any good and could actually harm your skin. When it comes to using a skin lightening product, less is often enough.
In addition, you should apply a thin layer of the skin cream only on the affected areas. If you also cover the unaffected areas of the skin with a skin lightening cream, your already normal looking skin will lighten further.
- Get Yourself Examined: Apart from using a skin brightening cream to lighten blemishes and pigmentation on your skin, get yourself examined by a physician. In a few cases, severe health issues cause pigmentation. By treating the root cause of hyperpigmentation, you will be able to eradicate it permanently.
Not everyone is born with beautiful skin. Aging, harsh rays of the sun and oxidative stress further damage the skin’s surface, causing skin discoloration and blemishes. With the right skin brightening moisturizer, you can make your skin look its best.