Are you searching for the best pigmentation cream? Are you tired of using ineffective skin pigmentation creams that damage your skin instead of lightening it?
If you answered yes, then read on to find out about the effective natural ingredients that will help make your skin look even and beautiful by eliminating those unsightly dark spots, hyperpigmentation, freckles, blemishes and other skin imperfections.
What Is Skin Pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation is the result of increased skin pigment, called melanin. Melanin is the pigment that provides protection from the damaging effects of the sun’s rays.
The level of melanin in any individual relies on a person’s race and their amount of exposure to the sun.
Often, for several reasons such as ultraviolet radiation and trauma, inflammation occurs at the cellular level that stimulates the skin to produce more melanin.
With aging and prolonged exposure to the sun, the skin loses its ability to control the production of melanin and develops dark blotches, age spots, freckles and liver spots. The amount of pigmentation usually varies from person to person.
Types Of Pigmentation
There are several types of pigmentation such as freckles, melasma, hyperpigmentation, age spots, and birthmarks and so on. While some skin imperfections like albinism are not curable, other types of skin pigmentations are treatable to varying degrees depending on their intensity and cause.
- Freckles: Freckles are small, flat dark spots on the face found mostly in Caucasians. Exposure to the sun further worsens freckles. You can protect them with sunscreen. Laser treatments can eliminate them effectively.
- Age Spots: Age spots are a result of the aging process. Skin pigmentation creams and anti-aging lotions can help minimize the appearance of age spots or liver spots.
Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition where patches of skin become darker in colour compared to normal skin.
The skin darkening occurs because of excessive production of melanin.
Melanin is a pigment that helps to impart colour to your skin, hair and eyes.
Hyperpigmentation can affect people of any race.
Hypopigmentation: Hypopigmentation is due to by a reduction in the production of melanin.
It causes patches of skin to become lighter than the normal, healthy skin. There are three common types of hypopigmentation issues: vitiligo, albinism and sun damage.
- Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder involving damaged melanocytes when white patches form on the face, as well as all over the body.
Although there is no perfect cure for vitiligo, there are several ways to camouflage the appearance of the white patches. Cosmetic cover-ups, light treatments and topical corticosteroid treatments are beneficial.
- Albinism is the complete loss of melanin from the body including the hair, skin and eyes. Albinos carry a defective gene that prevents the body from producing melanin. Doctors advise albinos to wear sunscreen at all times since they are more prone to skin cancer and sun damage.
How To Treat Skin Pigmentation
The failure of many pigmentation creams to show desirable results has forced many people to lose trust in topical skin treatments.
People now believe that treatments like laser, microdermabrasion and chemical peels are the only way to get rid of those blemishes. These treatments may bring quick results, but they have many side effects.
A certified dermatologist does these treatments, so they are quite expensive, too. Besides, chemical skin treatments may cause irritation, inflammation and make your skin sensitive to the sun. There is no need to resort to such drastic skin treatments because there are natural topical pigmentation creams available that are highly effective and free from any side effects.
How To Choose The Best Pigmentation Cream
It is perhaps surprising to know that although there are a plethora of skin pigmentation creams available on the market, there are only a few that really work and bring noticeable results. Some skin treatment creams are imported illegally, while others contain harmful ingredients. Therefore, it is important to be ultra-careful when choosing a skin pigmentation cream. Here are some useful tips to help you make a sensible choice:
Avoid Using These Products
Do not buy a skin pigmentation cream that contains hydroquinone, mercury or steroids. Hydroquinone is the most harmful skin bleaching agent and it acts as a carcinogen. Steroids and mercury are equally dangerous for your health. Many countries have banned these skin lightening agents because of their potential side effects.
The 8 Ingredients That You Should Look For
Always look for a combination of lightening agents, exfoliating agents and antioxidants in a skin pigmentation cream.
A few of the effective ingredients that may help to achieve flawless skin tone are:
- Lemon extract: Helps to lighten and moisturise the skin.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid: Exfoliates the top layers of the skin and enhances lightening.
- Glycolic And Salicylic Acid: Reduce spots and brighten skin tone.
- Vitamin B3: Improves elasticity of the skin and provides suppleness.
- Vitamin E Oil: Acts as an antioxidant and destroys free radicals.
- Vitamin C: Lightens dark spots considerably and brightens the overall skin tone.
- Whitonyl: Reduces pigmentation effectively.
- Alpha Arbutin: A safer option for skin lightening.
When looking for a skin pigmentation cream, make sure to look for a few of these ingredients. It may not be possible to find all of them in one cream, but you should aim for a combination of effective and natural ingredients. Since there are many manufacturers of skin lightening creams on the market, it is best to choose a well-known and trusted brand.
How To Whiten Dark Spots with Skin Pigmentation Cream
The correct way to use a hyperpigmentation cream is to apply small amounts on the affected areas of the skin and rub until it is completely absorbed.
Use gentle circular motions to ensure the skin whitening cream completely penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin.
You should always read the manufacturer’s guidelines thoroughly. After applying a skin pigmentation cream, it is important to use a sunscreen with high SPF.
Important Tips To Follow
- Test a small patch of skin using the skin cream before you put it on your face. Apply a small amount near your ear lobe and observe for 24 hours. Do not use the product if inflammation or irritation occurs.
- Clean your face thoroughly before applying the skin cream. Remove all makeup and other cosmetic creams.
- If you are looking to cure patches of skin pigmentation or dark spots on your skin, apply the cream only on the affected areas.
- Apply moisturizer if your skin feels dry.
- Avoid going out in the sun without applying sunscreen.
The next time you need a skin pigmentation cream, you’ll know what to look for, as well as what to do to make sure it is safe to use on your precious skin. However, if you have sensitive skin or any allergies, be sure to talk to your physician before using any skin product, even if it’s over the counter.