Freckles are small red or brown spots that occur on the skin in clusters. It is a common skin condition that could be quite embarrassing, especially for women. Freckles can appear on the face, neck, back, and arms.
People use various treatments like home remedies, cosmetic treatments, and a skin lightening cream for freckles. In this article, we will learn about various ways to treat and prevent freckles. But before that, it is important to know the causes of freckles, and how they form.
How Freckles Are Formed
The skin consists of a pigment called melanin. Melanocytes are the cells that form this skin pigment. The melanin is fed to the skin cells, forming the outer protective covering of the skin. This covering is known as keratinocytes. The role of this outer barrier is to help protect the skin from damage.
When the skin is exposed to sunrays, the sun damages the melanocytes. This leads to the formation of more pigment, which causes the skin to form dark spots. These dark spots are called freckles.
Freckles look like a collection of melanin on the skin. People with fair skin are more likely to have freckles. This is because their skin is more sensitive than people with dark skin.
Causes of Freckles
Freckles are formed because of several possible reasons. Some of the main causes of freckles are listed below:
- Freckles can be caused because of a hormonal imbalance and genetic disorders.
- Deficiency of iron and other essential nutrients also causes the appearance of freckles.
- Freckles are also caused by the exposure of the skin to sunrays.
Six Natural Remedies to Prevent Freckles
Freckles can be quite unsightly and some people feel that they are bad for their appearance. The good news is that freckles can be prevented and treated. You just need to follow a proper skin regimen along with a balanced diet to help reduce them.
Many people are using a skin lightening cream for freckles because it provides early results. But home remedies are another effective way to prevent and control the appearance of freckles. Here are some simple natural home remedies:
- Lemon: Lemon juice can be applied to reduce freckles. Lemon has exfoliating and antioxidant properties that fade dark spots. You can easily find a skin lightening cream for freckles that contains lemon as an ingredient.
- Sour Milk: Sour milk contains lactic acid that has a gentle peeling effect on the skin. This reduces the appearance of freckles without causing skin irritation.
- Cucumber juice: Most people with freckles use a cooling cucumber mask to get rid of freckles. It is an effective skin bleach that can be easily prepared at home.
- Papaya: Papaya contains an enzyme that causes an amazing effect on freckles. You can make a smooth paste of ripe papaya by putting a few pieces in a blender. Apply it to your face evenly. Wait for 20 minutes before washing with water. You can follow this treatment at least three times a day. Using a skin lightening cream for freckles that contains papaya is a good alternative.
- Honey: Honey has natural bleaching properties that help to get rid of freckles. Apply honey to the freckled areas of the face. Let it sit for fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal works as a skin exfoliating agent that removes dead skin cells and helps lighten freckles. Oatmeal is mixed with milk to make a paste. The addition of brown sugar to oatmeal increases the exfoliating effect. This paste should be applied in circular motion to remove the dead skin cells. Exfoliation with oatmeal once a week provides effective results.
You may use any one or more home remedies to lighten your freckles. Moreover, having a healthy diet is a great measure against freckles. Foods rich in Vitamin C like black currant, lemon, fruits, and green vegetables help to reduce freckles.
Natural Skin Lightening Cream for Freckles
Home remedies are safe methods to prevent and reduce the appearance of freckles. Apart from these, there are many treatments such as lasers, chemical peels, and topical treatments to get rid of the brown spots scattered on your face. Topical treatments are widely used among people because they are safe, inexpensive, and offer early results.
Illuminatural 6i is an advanced skin lightening cream for freckles that produces noticeable results in about a month. This is a non-toxic formula that does not contain harsh chemicals like steroids and mercury. This skin cream attacks the root of the problem rather than working on the surface.
Freckles are a very common skin condition. They are not a serious disorder, but freckles can surely rip apart your self-esteem. The best way to acquire clear and smooth skin is to adopt a double approach. Regular application of Illuminatural 6i, a skin lightening cream for freckles, and protecting your skin from the sun will help you to fade your freckles.