Everybody dreams of having a fairer and more natural-looking skin tone. Dark and dull skin is generally a result of excessive exposure to sunlight, some medical conditions, dry skin, environmental pollution, poor choices of lifestyle, or long term use of chemical-based cosmetics.
The market is flooded with lotions and creams for skin-lightening; however, these products contain harmful chemicals and can have a detrimental effect on your skin. At times, you might have to invest a big deal to obtain such skin lightening products. If you need a safer and more budget-friendly way, consider using natural skin lightening solutions.
So, why not save yourself some time and money and go for some natural remedies for your skin? These are quite effective in lightening and brightening the skin complexion. Read this article to find out about some simple home natural skin lightening remedies.
Let’s start with some natural skin bleaching elements to improve your skin.
1. When Life Gives You Lemons, Use them for Your Skin
How to Use Lemons to Lighten Your Skin:
- Take a lemon and cut it into halves
- Scrub it over your face lightly
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off
Using this on a daily basis will give you noticeable result.
A Refreshing Lemon Face Pack
- One tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- One tablespoon tomato juice
- Mix lemon juice with turmeric powder and tomato juice to make a pack.
- Apply this pack and leave on it for half an hour
- Wash it off with water.
- While applying, make sure that you do not squeeze it into your eyes.
- Also, do not out go out with the lemon juice on your skin since sun exposure can cause skin irritation.
- If you have open wounds, be careful to avoid those areas of the skin. Lemon is acidic in nature and can cause open wounds to hurt.
2. Tomato is the New Natural Skin Bleaching Ingredient
Haven’t you ever heard endless bantering of your mom regarding the benefit that tomato has for your skin? It is true.
Tomatoes possess natural bleaching qualities that can lighten and whiten the skin tone. They have some properties of an astringent and are rich in vitamin C. It is, therefore, beneficial for treating skin and providing natural skin lightening for black people.
If you have skin that is prone to acne, this is the best possible option for you. It is a natural anti-oxidant that can make your skin look younger by fighting against the free radicals.
Tips for using tomato on your skin include:
- Consume a raw tomato every day and see the difference for yourself.
- Make a paste of tomato and yogurt and slather it on your face. Use this face pack once every two months and see the magic.
- If you do have yogurt at your disposal, then you should simply use the pulp of the tomato for applying on the skin. Repeat this regularly to obtain the best results.
3. Nutritious Yogurt as Your Favorite Natural Skin Whitening Component
Yogurt, the by-product of milk has bleaching and lactic properties and is better than using natural skin lightening soap. Yogurt helps treat skin that has hyperpigmentation, as it restricts the production of melanin.
Again, lactic acid has gentle AHAs or alpha hydroxyl acid. This is the component that clears up the dead skin cells by acting as an exfoliating agent. This gives you a brighter and lighter skin complexion.
How to use yogurt for brighter skin:
- Plain Yogurt: You can rub plain yogurt over your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes before removing it with lukewarm water. Repeat the procedure daily to help you to bring about a significant change in your skin.
- Yogurt Face Pack: You can also use yogurt with a bit if honey and apply this mixture on your neck and face. Keep the face pack for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this regularly and it will lighten skin naturally.
Keep reading to find out more.
4. For The Sake of Your Beautiful Skin, Rub Orange on Your Face
Vitamin C is the quintessential ingredient of skin care, and oranges ascertain that you get them in abundance. Not only this, it also has natural bleaching properties that will lighten your skin complexion. Consuming orange juice daily can enormously improve your skin condition. It maintains the suppleness and the overall texture of the skin naturally.
Here’s how to make a therapeutic orange face pack:
First, you have to dry orange peels to make a paste, which is another effective way by which you can brighten your skin tone. To make the paste, just dry the skin of an orange and grind it into a powder.
- Two tablespoons orange peel powder
- One tablespoon Yogurt
- Make a paste of orange peels powder and yogurt
- Apply it on your skin.
- Leave it for about five minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- This reduces marks and spots on your skin.
- Do not apply this pack more than once in a week.
5. Make Your Skin as Sweet as Honey
The best part about using honey for your skin is that it bleaches and moisturizes it at the same time. Dry skin can lead to uneven skin ton and honey smooths the texture and locks in the moisture. In fact, honey has some antibacterial properties that can help in the reduction of dark spots and scars from acne, too.
How to use honey to treat your complexion:
Take honey and leave it on your face before washing it off. This is a simple procedure to remove dead skin cells, thereby making the skin whitening natural. You need to repeat this procedure every day to get the best results.
A Rejuvenating Honey Face Mask
- One teaspoon lemon juice
- One teaspoon honey
- One teaspoon milk powder
- One teaspoon almond oil
- Mix these ingredients properly and apply it on your skin, gently.
- Leave the pack for about 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- You can apply this pack every other day for smooth and soft skin.
6. See the Miracle of Aloe Vera Gel, Your Fountain Of Youth
Aloe vera is a miracle plant having numerous benefits, but not many people know that it has some skin lightening properties too. That is not all, when applied, it also acts as a good moisturizing agent.
It helps to revive the skin and makes it look brighter. It is an effective ingredient to reduce dark spots. Aloe Vera also has some cooling properties, which help in the regeneration of new cells and rebuilding process of tissues. These are significant aspects of a healthy skin.
Follow these steps to use aloe vera on your face:
- Pluck a leaf from the plant and remove the gel from it.
- Apply it on the areas which you want to lighten.
- Keep it on for half an hour before washing it off with water.
- Do this twice every week.
- In case you do not have an aloe Vera plant, you can buy bottled aloe Vera gel from the market.
Do not stop reading, or you will miss out on some interesting natural skin lightening solutions.
7. Papaya Face Mask for Bright and Glowing Skin
Papaya is an ingredient which people consistently use for beauty treatment; hence, it does not come as a surprise that it has skin lightening qualities, too. Papaya has one of the effective ingredients, papain, that gives you a fairer skin tone. It also has various nutrients that make your skin appear healthy.
You can use papaya for your skin in three ways:
- Eat it fresh. Its cleansing properties will cleanse your skin of the impurities that makes it dark.
- Apply it to your face. Scoop out the inner part of the papaya and apply it on your face. Let it dry and then wash it off with cold water. This will give a natural glow to your skin.
- Add lemon. Make a pulp of papaya and blend it with some lemon juice. Apply the mixture gently over your face. Keep it on for half an hour and then wash it off with water. Repeat this procedure once in a week to see some visible changes.
8. Gram Flour: Your Natural Skin Lightening Ingredient
Did you ever realize that a simple product like gram flour can cause skin lightening? It has therapeutic nutrients that work to keep your skin healthy all the time.
How to use gram flour as a soothing facial mask:
- Prepare a paste of gram flour with enough rose water or water, and apply it on your face. Let it dry and then wash it off with water. Regular application of this remedy will remove the surplus oil from your skin and helps to retain its natural moisture.
- You can try a mixture of gram flour, turmeric powder, and lemon juice. Adding sandalwood to this mixture gives it a soothing effect.
9. Turmeric: Your True Secret to Glowing Skin
Turmeric is a boon to your skin’s health. Studies have revealed that it is a natural remedy for skin pigmentation and lightening. It has both skin and overall health benefits. It makes the skin look young and radiant.
Turmeric contains antioxidants, which help eradicate free radicals from your skin and protects your skin against wrinkles, aging, eczema, and acne. Below, you will find two ways by which you can use turmeric to lighten your skin:
Milk Cream and Turmeric Pack
- Mix two tablespoons of milk cream with half a tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Apply this mixture on your face.
- Allow the pack to dry and then wash it away with water.
- Repeat every other day. Soon, you will notice visible skin lightening.
Gram Flour and Turmeric Mask
- Mix two teaspoons of gram flour, one teaspoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply this mask over your face and let it sit for about half an hour or until it has completely dried up.
- First, scrub off the dried mask. Then, wash your face with water to remove it completely.
10. Cucumber Slices: Food For Glowing Skin
Cucumber has smoothening and cooling properties. This makes your skin fair, healthy, and flawless. It doesn’t matter what skin type you have, you can use cucumber to beautify your skin. Here is how you can do this:
- Cucumber Juice: Grate a cucumber and extract its juice. The rich mineral content of cucumber juice makes it a healing skin care product. Besides, it has skin lightening properties, which brings about ample improvement in the skin tone. It is a safe remedy to eradicate skin problems such as oily skin, dry skin, pigmentation, and acne.
- Cucumber Slices: Cut a few slices of cucumber. Place them on the dark patches of the skin for a few minutes. Remove them and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber Mask: Grate a small piece of cucumber and mix it with honey to make a mask. Apply this paste to your skin for 15 minutes, and then wash it off with cold water. Make sure to you this twice every day for maximum benefit.
11. Explore The Beauty Benefits Of Oatmeal For Your Skin
Oatmeal does not only help reduce weight, but it also helps maintain a healthy skin. It is rich in potent antioxidant, avenanthramides, which effectively fights free radicals.
If your skin is prone to acne, then oats are safe for you, because they are one of those natural skin lightening ingredients that absorbs the excess oil from the skin. The good thing is that it does not leave the skin dry.
Oats contain amino acid and a significant amount of silica, which acts to moisturize the skin. It makes the skin look softer and radiant. The best part is, it is suitable for every skin type and does not cause any irritation. It helps the skin to exfoliate by getting rid of the old skin.
Oatmeal Face Mask
- One teaspoon oatmeal powder
- Turmeric powder
- Prepare a mixture of oatmeal powder with a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture to your face and allow it to dry.
- Take water to wash off the dried mask.
- Do this every day and see your skin tone brightening.
Alternatively, you can also apply a mixture of tomato juice and oatmeal powder on your face. When you rinse off the pack, ensure that you rub it gently to remove the dead skin cells.
Don’t just stop reading here. Scroll down to learn about some natural skin whitening ingredients that are hidden in your kitchen cabinet.
12. Rice Flour: The Beauty Secret of Many Gorgeous Asian Women
Para amino benzoic acid, folic acid and allantoin contained in rice powder help protect the skin against the sun. Rice powder also impart glow to the face and increase the rate of cell renewal.
Harnessing the Goodness of Rose Water, Sugar and Rice
To exfoliate your skin, apply a scrub of rice powder, sugar, and rose water. The sugar in the pack helps with hydration of the skin.
- Two tablespoons fine rice powder
- A few drops of rose water
- One tablespoon sugar
- Mix these ingredients together and apply the mixture to your skin.
- Scrub gently.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Pat dry
13. Brighten Your Skin With the Nutrients in Avocado
Avocado is a natural skin lightening ingredient that is used in an extensive range of skin care products. It has healing benefits because of its richness in vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E, and K. It also contains potassium and zinc.
The content of vitamin A helps the skin to regenerate. Avocado acts as natural moisturizers and works to treat dry skin. You can use avocado in various ways:
- Scoop the flesh out and turn it into a paste. Add a few drops of honey and milk to it. Apply this mixture on the face. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes and rinse it off with water. Use it regularly in order to improve the complexion of your skin.
- Use a creamy paste of avocado, strawberries and egg white. Apply the pack and leave it on for 30 minutes. This is a rejuvenating and anti-aging face pack.
- To add a glow to your skin, prepare a mixture of honey, lemon, and avocado pulp. Apply on your skin and keep it on for 20 minutes.
If you are unable to make a paste, you can use avocado oil. This will cleanse your skin and keep it radiant.
14. Almonds: Promote Healthy and Beautiful Skin Every Day
Almonds help reduce the appearance of dark patches of the skin and make it appear brighter. Here is the most effective almond face mask for your skin needs:
- Four to five almonds
- A pinch of turmeric
- A few strands of saffron
- One tablespoon of milk
- Soak almonds and saffron in milk overnight.
- Make a paste of almonds using turmeric and milk.
- Apply the paste on your face for at least half an hour.
- Wash with clean water.
- Continue to use this pack daily, for two weeks, in order for optimum results.
Note: To make it simple, you can use almonds with milk to make a paste. Besides, you can also use a skin lightening treatment from illuminatural6i.com. It is an advanced lightening treatment that contains natural ingredients.
15. Eggs For Clearer and Perkier Skin
Eggs can do more than just fill up your tummy. When you apply it on the skin, it helps remove acne and excessive oil of the skin. It acts as a moisturizer and softens the skin. To get a lustrous skin tone, apply egg white daily on your skin. Here is how:
- One egg white
- Five to seven drops of lemon Juice
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- Mix egg white, lemon juice and olive oil and put this mixture in a refrigerator for half an hour.
- Take a brush and apply a layer of the mixture on your face.
- After this has dried up, apply another coat of the mixture.
- Leave the mask on the skin till it dries off, and then wash it off with cold water.
Egg whites help provide an even tone to the skin. This pack can be helpful to remove sun tan too. In addition, it is beneficial for imparting a radiant glow to dull skin.
16. Pineapples: More Than Just a Scrumptious Fruit
Other than being a nutritious fruit, pineapple is also a healing ingredient used for the beautification of skin. Pineapple face packs offer the radiance that your skin needs to have. With the regular application of pineapple mask, your skin will remain younger and glowing for a longer period of time.
- A few slices of fresh pineapple
- Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One tablespoon natural Honey
- Mash some pineapple and mix it with honey and olive oil and make it into a smooth mixture.
- Apply this mixture on your face and keep it on for about half an hour before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Splash some cold water on your face.
Honey, Pineapple and Papaya Pack
You can also make a face pack using:
- Three slices fresh pineapple
- One tablespoon honey
- Four slices of fresh papaya
This pack lightens the skin by hydrating, moisturizing, and exfoliating it. Apply the pack and leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water. This pack helps in retaining the glow and lock in the moisture.
Hold on, the best and most surprising component is yet to come.
17. Beetroot Juice: This Keeps Your Skin Healthy and Blushing with Radiance
Beetroot juice is an excellent source of antioxidants and other healing ingredients, which works to erase the signs of aging and enhance skin whitening. The oxidation process that happens in the body causes the formation of free-radicals, which causes damage at the cellular level. This damage, in turn, causes the appearance of blemishes and other signs of aging.
- One small-sized beetroot
- A Strainer
- Cotton balls
- Peel the beetroot and chop it into small pieces.
- Throw the pieces into the blender and blend them.
- Use the strainer in order to separate the pulp from the juice.
- Apply the juice on your face by cotton balls.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes
- Wash it off with a mild face wash.
You can repeat this treatment once a week. You should do it preferably at night since beetroot juice can leave stains.
18. Some Sweet Pepper to Make Your Skin Beautiful
You must be wondering how sweet pepper can help lighten the skin. As surprising as it may sound, sweet pepper is an effective natural skin lightener.
Face masks that contain peppers can increase the circulation of blood in the face.
- Blend one pepper to make it into a paste.
- Apply on your face and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off the paste from your face with the help of cold water.
With the help of an effective natural skin lightening solution, you need not to worry of the side-effects commonly associated with chemical skincare products. They are healthier and they work just as well as chemicals, if not better.