Just imagine how your life would be if you were free of the dark patches on your skin. The feeling of being confident about your skin tone is something all women suffering from melasma want to experience. The hassle of using heaps of foundation, the misery of missing special events and the fear of looking awful without foundation can make women feel wretched about their lives.
In this article, you will learn about some of the effective melasma cures that can make you feel proud of your skin and happy about your overall appearance. Read on to discover an innovative melasma cure, but before that, it is important to find out about the causes of melasma.
What Are The Causes Of Melasma?
Melasma is common among pregnant women and those taking birth control pills and using hormone replacement therapies. Patches of melasma often occur on the cheeks, nose, forehead and upper lip.
Research has not confirmed the exact cause of melasma. Several factors trigger the formation of dark patches on the face. Some of these include the following:
- Hormonal fluctuation is the leading cause of melasma in many people. It occurs when the hormone estrogen stimulates the formation of pigmentation, causing dark, blotchy and uneven patches on the face.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun can trigger melasma.
- Genetic predisposition is another reason for melasma to appear on the skin.
- Use of oral contraceptives, drugs such as tetracycline and quinine may also trigger the formation of pigmentation on the skin.
4 Natural Melasma Cures
Although melasma is a stubborn skin disorder, there are effective natural melasma treatments that can get back your flawless skin. You just need to be persistent when using natural remedies for melasma since they respond slowly, but they do produce permanent results.
- Melasma Cure Using Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is highly acidic in nature, which helps to peel away the top layers of the skin, causing the brown patches to fade. Squeeze out the juice of a few lemons and store it in a container in your refrigerator. If needed, you can add equal amounts of rose water and glycerin to the lemon juice.
This helps to dilute the juice since pure lemon juice may be little harsh on sensitive skin. Use this mixture daily on the affected parts of the skin before going to bed.
Avoid using lemon juice during the day as exposure to the sun can further darken your dark patches.
- Melasma Cure Using Turmeric Powder: Turmeric is an ancient remedy for treating melasma, acne scars and any other kind of skin blemishes.
You can prepare a turmeric mask with a teaspoon of turmeric powder and milk or yogurt. Apply this paste on your skin daily to see an amazing glow. Since melasma is a persistent skin disorder, wait for at least a month to notice any fading. You can also consume turmeric with warm milk every night to help cause skin whitening from within.
- Melasma Cure Using Horseradish: Horseradish is a natural cure for melasma, skin pigmentation acne scars and other skin blemishes. You can apply a paste of horseradish directly on the affected areas and leave it to dry for at least twenty minutes. Experts recommend you apply this mask once a week and wait for the darkened skin to peel. The new skin will be lighter and smoother. It is important to note that your patches of melasma may darken before they peel, so take this as a sign of improvement, and not as a negative reaction. You can easily buy horseradish in a grocery store.
- Melasma Cure Using Gotu Kola Herb: Gotu kola is a Chinese herb that fades dark skin patches. In order to increase the effectiveness of this herb, you can add ginseng to it.
Take half a teaspoon of powdered gotu kola and ginseng herbs and mix them well to make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas of the skin and leave for ten to fifteen minutes. Repeat the procedure until you achieve the desired skin lightening.
These are some effective and popular cures for melasma. Natural treatments, when applied regularly, can do wonders for your skin. However, many people are unable to keep up with this strict and time-consuming skin regimen. If you are one of those, don’t fret because there is a natural melasma cure that is available in the form of a topical cream to fight unpleasant dark patches on your skin.
What Is An Effective Melasma Cure?
There are many melasma cures, but an effective melasma cream can make your skin perfect. A good melasma topical treatment should be able to protect your skin from the harsh effects of the sun.
This is because the sun’s ultraviolet rays can exaggerate your dark patches. A few of the effective ingredients that can help melasma are:
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is one of the popular and clinically proven ingredients used in the treatment of melasma. Topical niacinamide comes from vitamin B3, which is completely natural and safe to use over the long term.
Apart from fading dark melasma patches, niacinamide also helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
It also increases the secretion of ceramides and protects the skin against loss of moisture that can cause aging.
The anti-inflammatory and skin whitening properties of niacinamide make it the perfect melasma cure, while its photoprotection property helps in reducing anti-aging effects.
- Alpha Arbutin: Alpha arbutin comes from natural plant sources. The primary source of alpha arbutin is bearberry, which usually grows in the northern hemisphere. This ingredient comes from a Canadian weed known as dockweed. It is a white powder, which is soluble in water and remains stable within a pH range of 3.5 to 6.5.
Clinical tests show this ingredient causes skin lightening in just a month of regular usage. Alpha arbutin is a great alternative to hydroquinone since it is safe to use and does not cause re-darkening of the skin once you stop the treatment.
Sodium Lactate: Sodium lactate is an effective ingredient that helps in the maintenance of natural hydration.
It works as a superior moisturizer and can help to increase the moisture content of the skin by up to eighty percent.
Extensive research has proven this ingredient has remarkable skin lightening properties.
It works by interrupting the formation of melanin, which is the main cause of skin darkening.
Melasma can make you feel hopeless and terrible about your looks. However, help is available. With the introduction of the amazing melasma cure from illuminatural6i, you can easily get back your lost confidence, skin tone and of course, your happy life. Why suffer in silence when there are so many ways to look and feel better? You deserve to feel confident wherever you go.