Come on ladies. You all envy the models shown in TV commercials with fair, white skin. And secretly, or even openly, you want to have whiter skin too that you will do whatever it takes just to have it. You even tried different whitening products just to know which one really works and which ones is a waste of time.
But the question is can you still lighten your skin? If yes, what are the different ways on how to whiten skin fast? Is it really worth the time and money or you are merely making these companies richer?
To help you in your quest for lighter skin, here are tips and various ways on how to lighten skin.
Got Dark Skin, Big Problem?
Every person is different. And when it comes to skin color, every person will vary too. Some are born with white skin and blonde hair, while there are others who have black hair and dark skin. With the advancement of technology and the advertisement of tons of whitening products, more women are seeking lighter skin.
The truth is, there is nothing wrong with having dark skin. After all, true beauty is not determined by your skin color, right? However, there are still a lot of women who prefer to be whiter. And there are tons of products and treatments offered that promise to help you in your quest towards whiter skin.
Keep in mind that your skin color is determined by the amount of melanin produced by your melanocyte cells. The more melanin you have, the darker your hair and skin color will be, and vice versa. But when there is too much melanin produced by your body, that’s where the problem starts.
7 Effective Tips On How To Whiten Skin Fast
There will always be a solution for everything. And when it comes to natural skin whitening, you will never run out of solutions. Here is a list of the different and effective ways on how whiten your skin.
- Drink Water Regularly: You’ve probably got tired of hearing this age-old phrase. This is because water can really do a lot to your health. Drinking at least eight glasses of water everyday can help push the unwanted urea out of your body. This can improve your blood circulation, which will eventually show in your skin. You can even add a slice of lemon to your water for better results.
- Maintain A Healthy And Balanced Diet: You are what you eat. So, if you eat too much processed food, it will definitely show on your skin.
By maintaining a balanced diet, you will be able to boost your skin’s texture and give your skin a healthy glow. Although it may take some time, having a healthy diet can also whiten your skin gradually.
The Sun Is Not Your Skin’s Best Friend: Vitamin D from the sun is good. But, too much of it is a bad, causing your melanin levels to spike. Therefore, make it a point to protect yourself from its harmful rays.
Regular application of sunscreen can also do the trick, especially when the sun is really unavoidable. And, most importantly, stay away from the sun between10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when its UV rays are strong and quite harmful.
- Have A Proper Skin Care Regimen: Washing your face twice a day, although it can help, is not enough. You need to regularly moisturize your skin to make it smooth and supple and can help you a lot in your skin’s rejuvenation process. Remember that dry skin absorbs more heat which can cause your skin to look darker – and you don’t want that.
- Exfoliate: You always hear about dead skin cells and how they love to stay on your face.
By exfoliating once a week, you will be able to get rid of dead and dark skin cells and allow the new, lighter ones to come out on the surface.
Once the fresh skin is revealed thanks to exfoliation, you can finally have that lighter skin tone.
- Take It Easy On Beauty Treatments And Procedures: A facial once in a while is okay, since it keeps your skin healthy. But too much cosmetic procedures can abuse your face and disturb your skin’s natural balance which will eventually lead to skin pigmentation.
- Try Homemade Remedies: One of the best ways on how to whiten your skin is by going natural. Here are simple home remedies on how to whiten skin fast:
- Stick to the basics, such as soybeans, green leafy vegetables, fruits and vitamin C.
- Drink two cups of green tea everyday. It is a powerful antioxidant that can reduce the amount of peroxides in the body.
- You can never go wrong with lemon juice.
- Aside from reducing your eye bags, mashing cucumber and applying it on your face can be an excellent skin-lightening mask.
- Never say no to milk. It is the most natural skin-whitening agent that can keep your skin healthy and glowing inside out.
But What Can You Do With Dark Spots On Your Skin?
Aside from the dark skin problems, one of the biggest cosmetic concerns among women today is dark spots. Also known as hyperpigmentation, these dark spots are often results of too much sun exposure, effects of certain drug medications, hormonal changes, pregnancy and even aging. Because of certain conditions, the level of melanin shoots up, causing your skin, or at least some areas of it to be darker.
It is an advanced skin lightener solution that removes dead, pigmented spots on your skin to allow new and lighter skin cells to resurface.
Thanks to its six clinically proven and harmless ingredients, getting that flawless and natural look is easier and made possible. Do you still want to try other products when it comes to how to whiten your skin fast? Be sure to consult with your physician on any over the counter or prescription product, especially if you have sensitive skin.