Humans are born with various features because of factors like genes and race. Some are born with fair skin, while others have darker skin tones. Many of those having dark skin tones often want to find ways on how to get fair complexion naturally.
The pigment, which causes darker skin color, is called melanin. This amino acid product protects the person from getting skin cancer by absorbing the UV rays from the sun during exposure. Despite its guarding action though, many men and women still want to do away with melanin.
While some people are happy with their brown or dark brown skin color, there are women, and even men who are after methods of how to get fair skin. In many places like Asia, many people have this concept that one is more attractive with whiter skin.
With the recent advances in science and technology, a lot of products and procedures have been made in order to lighten skin like the ones below.
- Skin-lightening products that contain ingredients like Tretinoin, Hydroquinone, and Mercury
- Laser treatments
- Cryosurgery which uses liquid nitrogen
Although these modes of skin whitening have worked for several people, they have their share of bashers. This is because of some reasons:
- They come in prices that many people can’t afford to pay.
- Some methods require regular sessions to keep the skin color light.
- Medical studies have shown some procedures and products to cause bad side effects for some users.
- It is a waste of time, effort and money when a product or a process fails to deliver expectations.
Alternative Methods On How To Get Fair Complexion Naturally
Side effects and unwanted results can be just around the corner with the modes of skin whitening cooked in the lab. Due to allergies and serious side effects, many people would like to avoid chemical-based products in favor of organic or natural ones. So many light skin lovers are into the skin lightening wonders that nature can provide.
Yet with natural methods, you may not see the results right away. Yet you can be sure that your body is safe from toxins. Such means are, more often than not, cheaper than the famous treatments and creams.
How To Get Fairer Skin Naturally
“You are what you eat” – this is a saying made famous lately by Dr. Gillian McKeith, but it was coined by Anthelme Brillat-Savarin. Whatever you eat influences your body. The usual first indicator of good or bad health is your skin.
Who says you have to go through long or hard steps to become fairer? Eating healthy is an easy and delicious way to improve your skin tone. If you are not used to eating any of these skin foods, then now may be the time to start learning to love them.
- Tomatoes – Aside from being yummy, they contain Lycopene, which lessens the production of hormones that cause acne. They can also improve the status of antioxidants that fight free radicals produced when one is exposed to the sun.
- Fruits – Like apple, orange, banana, papaya, grapes, strawberries, and kiwis are rich in skin-healthy substances like Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Vegetables – Like pumpkin, spinach, ladyfinger and spring greens.
Aside from giving vitamins and protein that the body needs, vegetables act as brooms that sweep toxins in the system especially the leafy ones.
Dull and grey-colored skin can be signs of an unclean body.
- Fish And Seafood – The omega-3 fatty acid that fish and seafood products contain can not only fight acne but also delay and lessen the formation of wrinkles.
Another take on how to get fair skin naturally is by feeding the face – as in actual feeding. Here are some easy, homemade and all-natural products to try that are great for your skin:
The 5 Home Remedies:
- Mashed Banana Cream – Mashed ripe bananas can be smeared on the face and left on for three to four minutes before rinsing. This gives the face a healthy glow.
- Oatmeal Turmeric Lemon Mask – A thick paste for facial mask can be made by mixing oatmeal powder, some lemon juice, and a pinch of turmeric. The paste is left on the face until dry and then washed off with water.
- Wheat Flour Paste – This paste removes excess oil from the face. Mix two tablespoons of wheat flour with just enough water to give it a thick consistency. Apply it in an upward motion. After drying on the face, you just rinse it off with cold water.
- Rose Water – Soak rose petals in clean water for a day, and then use the water to wash your face or even your entire body. There is no need to use soap.
- Fresh Aloe Vera Gel – Apply the gel on your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then wash it with water. This removes oil and dead skin, gives moisture, and reduces wrinkles on the face.
Other Vital Skin Tips
The quest to get fair complexion naturally would be a waste of time unless you take other vital actions like:
- Drinking enough water and juices.
- Wearing hats, sun blocks and all other items that can protect one from sun rays.
- Getting enough rest and sleep to give the body the time to repair.
- Regular exercise.
- Being patient in waiting for the results to appear. This is one important point in using natural skin whitening methods.
Having those rosy, white skin does not need to be tedious, painful or pricey. There are many known options on how to get fair complexion naturally. In fact, they can be right in your own backyard, refrigerator or kitchen cabinet.