When you look at your face in front of the mirror, do you notice any discoloration or brown spots on your face? Or are you one of the few lucky ones who have an even skin tone all throughout the face and body?
If you are one of those few women who are spot-free all over, then congratulations! Apparently, a lot of women suffer from dark spots on face due to a number of reasons. In fact, this has been one of the many concerns women face along with acne, eczema, rashes and other skin conditions.
So what causes black spots on face? Is it still possible to remove dark spots on face? What else can be done to prevent the spots from coming back?
Read on to find out.
The Common Triggers And Causes For Dark Spots On Face
The truth is the causes are endless. There are many reasons that cause the discoloration of the skin which can range from simple to complex. Some of the most common causes are:
- Age – It will always be a part of the natural process
- Burns -When you damage your skin with sunburn or any other kinds of burn, it may give rise to a healed scar tissue that is different in color
- Too much sun exposure
- Skin care products
- Infections such as cuts, scrapes or scratches. This is because infections can affect the skin’s surrounding, thus changing the texture of the skin
- Rashes that results to allergic reactions
- Effects of certain medications
- Autoimmune diseases such as eczema, or pityriasis alba
- Hormonal changes
- Birth marks
- Liver damage
- Acne, which can be very frustrating for many(Just when you thought you are done with acne, the next thing you know is it left marks on your face)
- Skin care treatments such as chemical peels or laser resurfacing
Dark spots can appear anywhere from face, neck, back and even legs. Once the dark spots appear on your face, it can take weeks, months or even years before it fade on its own.
6 Tips On How To Lighten Dark Spots On Face
Now that you know what causes dark spots, it’s time to find out the different ways on how to lighten it. Here are the different ways on how to lighten dark spots on face.
- Hydroquinone: This usually ranges from 2% to 4%. While it is proven to reduce dark spots, make sure to consult a dermatologist first since this may also cause allergic reactions.
- Alpha Hydroxyl Acid: Look for products with 5-20% concentration levels.
- Illuminatural 6i: This will be discussed in the next section.
- Retinoids: This is a form of Vitamin A that is also proven to get rid of black spots on face. Start by using a lower concentration formula first since it can cause dryness, irritation and peeling.
- Vitamins, Particularly Vitamin C And E: Increasing your Vitamin C intake can reduce the melanin production. Applying Vitamin E via a Vitamin E capsule directly on the dark spots can also help even out your skin tone.
- Natural Methods: Applying castor oil, milk, aloe vera, or green tea extracts directly on the dark spots can provide your skin with plenty of antioxidants. At the same time, it can reduce dark spots too.
Keep in mind the importance of treating the underlying problem that causes dark spots on face. This way, you will be able to focus on a treatment that really works in restoring your healthy, natural skin. Most products aim to even out your skin tone and not address the issue causing it. If you don’t understand the reasons why you have dark spots and refuse to treat it, then expect the spots to keep coming back to you.
Different Ways To Prevent Dark Spots On Skin
What would you rather choose – treat dark spots to get rid of it completely or employ different tricks to prevent it from happening? The second one right? After all, nothing beats prevention than having to go through the different treatments available. Here are four effective ways to prevent brown spots on face.
- Treat It Quick: Whatever skin problems you have, treat it at the onset and do not wait for it to get worse. For instance, if you are prone to acne breakouts, then make sure you are using an effective acne treatment. At the same time, do not hesitate to consult a doctor.
- The Sun Is Not Your Best Friend: Everyone needs a daily dose of Vitamin D. However, you don’t have to bask under the sun everyday without getting any protection.
Prolonged sun exposure is not good for you and can even lead to dark spots. But if going under the sun is really unavoidable, then don’t forget your sunscreen.
- Be Careful With Skin Treatments: The truth is not all products and treatments are meant to work for you. Just take it easy on products and make sure to always check the label. At the same time, use products that match your skin type. And if you can, stay away from harsh treatments such as chemical peel or dermabrasion.
- Do Not scrub: Whoever says scrubbing the dark spots on face can remove it is delusional. Dark spots cannot be scrubbed away. In fact, it can even irritate the skin and make it worse.
Illuminatural 6i: The Best Dark Spot Remover For Face
Nobody wants dark spots on their face. It’s ugly, it’s embarrassing and it has nothing to do with the way you view yourself as a whole.
With countless of products that say they are the best, there is one dark spot remover that surely stands out from the rest: Illuminatural 6i.
At the same time, Illuminatural works with your skin’s natural 28-day regeneration cycle by stopping the production of melanin, removing the dead, pigmented cells and helping new and lighter skin cells to rise on the surface.
You can see an improvement after four weeks although it is most advisable to use it for three months to make sure that the dark spots on your face will be cleared. And if you are not happy? Then no problem! You can still get your money back in full after 90 days – guaranteed.