Many believe that the lighter one’s skin, the better he or she looks. That may be the reason why people spend a whopping 13 billion U.S. dollars each year on things like glutathione whitening, skin bleaching products and many other things to lighten skin color. And that’s in Asia Pacific Division alone.
While there are a lot of men and women who are happy with their skin color, many would not settle for less. Since the general view is that fair-colored people look more attractive, many are living up to the norm.
There are enjoyable and even delicious ways to whiten your skin. You can make your own skin products in the kitchen. For healthier skin, feast on fruits, vegetables, fish and seafood. You can enjoy exercising, such as dancing in a Zumba class.
These approaches are natural, easy and less costly. More often than not, they do not cause side effects to the person, as well.
What Is Glutathione?
In the line of skin whitening, people often hear the word, “glutathione.” However, not everyone knows much about what this ingredient is, and how it works to lighten the skin. Here are some quick facts:
- Glutathione is naturally found in animals, plants, fungi and some bacteria. Humans are mammals so yes, there are traces of glutathione in the body of people.
- Producing this antioxidant depends on ATP, the form of food that cells can consume.
- Its function in the body is on processes in the cell level like iron breakdown, metabolism and chemical reactions.
- Its lab-made version is used to treat health problems like glaucoma, cataract, heart disease, liver disease and neurologic disorders, like Parkinson’s disease.
- Glutathione whitening is in fact, just a secondary effect. It transforms melanin.
- This is used in making wine. It preserves wine’s the fruity aroma.
It has been said that humans cannot enjoy the glutathione whitening effect when taken by mouth. Yet there are foods that can influence it, including:
- Milk thistle, which is rich in Silymarin. Glutathione gets used up less in the liver through Silymarin.
- Avocado, spinach and broccoli, which increase glutathione levels.
- Asparagus is a top glutathione source.
- Fresh and unprocessed meats, raw egg and garlic help keep the glutathione levels high.
- Turmeric helps an enzyme involved in making glutathione.
The Wonders Of Glutathione Whitening
Before going into how glutathione for skin whitening works, there are a few things you need to understand. Melanin has been mentioned a lot. So, what is melanin by the way?
Melanin is the skin pigment that determines skin color. It has three types:
- Eumelanin – It is the most common type and produced in people with brown and black skin color.
- Pheomelanin – It is responsible for red pigmentations like red hair color and freckles.
- Neuromelanin – It is richly found in the brain. Its real function has not been known yet.
Melanin’s primary function is to protect the person from UV rays when they are exposed to sun. It is a good way to keep yourself safe from skin cancer. Melanin is found in other parts of the body, like the brain, giving it its grayish color.
Glutathione helps whiten the skin by turning the eumelanin into pheomelanin. It works inside, taking effect on the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin. This is why many believe it is really effective as its action takes place in the body.
Glutathione Also Does Other Things To The Skin, Such As:
6 Other Skin Benefits:
- It removes excess pigments in the skin.
- It controls acne and removes its marks.
- It refines skin pores.
- It makes the skin glow.
- It makes skin clearer and smoother.
- It stops the process of aging.
The Glutathione Dilemma
There are glutathione skin whitening pills, soaps, lotions and creams sold in the market. Yet many people are more confident when it is goes straight to the system by injection or intravenous therapy.
For years, many men and women have reveled in glutathione skin whitening. Yet some people are still skeptic about the choice:
- The procedure or the product is expensive. Not all can afford it.
- Many people feel uneasy when something involves needles.
- Although it is produced by natural means in the body, the supplements have been made in the lab. It is artificial. People are always scared of side effects from unnatural ingredients.
- Its function on the brain has not yet been revealed. What could be the long term effect when the pigments in the brain lighten?
Reaction to a glutathione whitening skin regimen depends on the person. If you have any questions or concerns, always ask your doctor before using it. If he gives the go signal, why take the U-turn? After all, you won’t know if glutathione whitening is the best method for you until you try it.