Did you know that the global cosmetic market is pegged at $460 billion in 2014? Experts estimated that it could reach $675 billion by 2020 with a growth rate of 6.4 percent. Of all the cosmetic products available, skincare products have the highest market share and will most likely remain in the top spot for a while.
Here’s the thing: there are tons of skin care products that promise to keep your skin in its best shape. The challenge for you is to find the best skin care products that will deliver results and make sure your skin is in its healthy state.
Check out 16 of the best skincare products you should have in your glamour kit:
1. TATCHA’s Camellia Cleansing Oil Face Wash: A Cleanser and Makeup Rolled Into One
Have you used your facial wash to remove makeup? Do you use your makeup remover to cleanse your face?
If you are looking for two-in-one type of skin care product that removes both makeup and dirt in your skin, then TATCHA’s Camellia Cleansing Oil is the one to beat. This product contains the blend of camellia and rice bran oils that helps remove makeup, while leaving your skin pure and fresh.
What makes this product extra special is the camellia oil, which is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants. Japanese geishas have also used this type of oil for centuries to keep their skin, hair, and nails in a healthy state.
This product freed up not only a few inches on your cosmetic cabinet but also few minutes of your time, which you can dedicate for sleep, another important factor in keeping your skin healthy.
In case you prefer cleanser alone, then check this next product, which is among the best skin care products in 2015.
2. Shiseido: The Perfect Cleansing Oil For Normal Skin
The phrase, “cleansing oil” might be intimidating or scary for you. It’s different if you went for Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil.
This light oil-based cleanser helps remove dirt, excess oil, grime, and makeup, thanks to its glycerin, mineral oil, and grape seed oil ingredients. All you have to do is to squirt one pump into your hands and apply it on your skin. Thereafter, rinse your face with water as the oil sinks into your skin. This leaves your skin soft, smooth, plumped up, and glowing.
Despite its best intention, do not use this skin care product on your eyes to avoid stinging sensation. Consequently, Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil may only work for normal and combination skin. As to the price, it only costs around $32.
What if you have oily skin? Check out the next section to find out the best cleanser for you.
3. Try Avene’s Cleansing Foam And Mattifying Fluid To Cleanse An Oily Face
Every skin type requires different brands. When it comes to the best cleanser for oily skin, you might want to try Avene.
Eau Thermale Avene Cleansing Foam and Mattifying Fluid is a mattifying cleanser and serum that helps in cleansing an oily skin. At the same time, it minimizes the production of oil within your sebaceous glands and calms down your hyperactive oil glands over time.
What makes this product extra special is that it contains microsponges, a type of ingredient that soaks the grease once it reaches your skin’s surface. Consequently, this product has glutamic acid, a type of amino acid that travels deep down into your sebaceous glands and slows down oil production. The best part is, it won’t leave your skin dry and dull.
If you want to make your skin less greasy and eventually turn it into a normal skin type, then this one is worth the risk. No wonder it made the list of the best skin care brands in the market.
If dry skin is an issue, then read the next section to find out what cleanser is recommended.
4. For Dry Skin: Say Yes To Lancome Crème Radiance Clarifying Cleanser
Dry skin will make your skin look dull and lifeless. If you used a cleanser that is not suitable for dry skin, then you might find yourself dealing with an even drier skin. You don’t want that to happen.
This is where Lancome’s Crème Radiance Clarifying Cream-to-Foam Cleanser steals the spotlight. It is a foaming facial cleanser that removes dirt and makeup on your face. This cleanser may feel thick on your skin, but turns into foam once you massage it on your skin. After wash, your skin will feel cleansed and soft, not tight.
Are you curious about the other best skin care products from Consumer Reports? Keep reading and get to know what you can use on your skin.
5. Add Mega Greens Galaxy Pack to Your List of Best Skin Care Brands and Products
There is something about fruits and other natural ingredients that make a product one of the best. If you are looking for one of the best natural skin care products in the market, then you should try Mega Greens Galaxy Pack.
Think of this product as juice cleanse for your face that leaves your skin smoother and cleaner. What sets this product apart from the many sold in the market is that it contains fruits and vegetables ingredients such as leafy greens, avocado, spinach, acai berry, and orange peels.
That’s not all. The nourishing white kaolin clay that serves as a cleansing mask detoxifies your skin removes excess oil, dirt, and other impurities on your face. This leaves you with velvety-matte finish.
In case you’re wondering how much this cost, this is only about $22, which is within your budget.
6. When It Comes to Essence, Choose Estee Lauder Micro Essence Skin Activating Treatment Lotion
There is something you should know about Korean women: they take skin care seriously. When it comes to Korean skin care, there is something that should always be included in their routine: essence.
Essence speeds your cell turnover rate, thereby keeping your skin smoother and brighter. If you are looking for the best essence, try the one from Estee Lauder. This moisturizing toner makes your skin stronger, smoother, less irritated, and well hydrated. This is because it contains micronutrient bioferment, a concentrate of peptides that support cell renewal.
You might have to spend a bit more since this product costs $95. Nonetheless, this is a small price to pay compared to what you are getting and the type of protection it can give to your skin.
7. The Best Skin Care Products in the Sunscreen Department
The sun is the best source for vitamin D. Unfortunately; too much sun can spell disaster on your skin. Aside from going out from seven to nine in the morning, your best protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays is by wearing sunscreen. With tons of sunscreens in the market that promise ample protection, which one should you go for?
Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Daily Sunblock is the top facial sunscreen choice. Coming with SPF 50, this sunscreen provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection without being too harsh on your skin. At the same time, it is free from fragrances, oils, dyes, and other irritating ingredients without compromising sun protection.
This sunscreen may be a bit runny, so make sure you rub it in your skin thoroughly for ample protection against the sun.
You can also use SkinCeuticals Physical Eye UV Defense SPF 50 to provide sun protection in your eye area. It also comes with a bonus dark circle-hiding sheer tint without any tears, stinging, and irritation. It will also cost you $30 only.
8. Fighting Time: The Best Anti-Aging Skin Care Products on the Market
You have to admit: any traces of old age bother you. As much as possible, gray hair, fine lines, and wrinkles are banned from your face. The problem is that it is hard to run away from these signs of aging.
The good news is there are reliable products in the market that helps you fight the signs of aging. These are:
- Antioxidants– If you want a good antioxidant-packed anti-aging product, Dr. Brandt XYY Face Cream should be your top choice. It contains multiple antioxidants and moisturizing ingredients to fight free radicals and protect your skin against wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Spot-Fading – For this department, SkinCeuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector takes the top spot. This dark spot lightener wipes out spots back sans the irritation. It also prevents these spots from coming back, a characteristic common on older individuals because your skin produces more pigment as you age. Don’t worry. This one is gentle on your skin.
- Line-Smoothing –To smooth lines and existing wrinkles on your face, RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream could be your best friend. It is a retinol cream that minimizes the signs of aging on your face and at the same time, hydrates and protects your skin barrier. This skin care product is among the few retinol creams with minimal side effects; hence, could work in case you have sensitive skin.
When it comes to spots, you can also try Illuminatural 6i. This advanced skin lightener visibly lightens your dark spots and helps you bring confidence back to your system.
Speaking of lines and wrinkles, check out another miracle product below.
9. Roloxin Lift: Your Fast and Effective Wrinkle Fix for Aging Skin
The truth is, aging is inevitable. The best you can do is to slow it down or minimize the appearance of the signs of aging. When it comes to this department, try Roloxin Lift.
Imagine Spanx on your face. This product contains sheer liquid silica film that temporarily lifts and tightens your skin as it dries. You can also see instant results in the appearance of your pores. If wrinkles are your concern, Roloxin Lift could reduce your wrinkles and erase your frown lines for one whole day.
Roloxin Lift costs approximately $110 for 10 sheets.
You’re halfway through this post. Make sure to read until the end and say hello to the best skin care products that helps in keeping your skin young, soft, and smooth.
10. Say Hello to Two of the Best Skin Care Products for Acne
There is something you should know about acne: it knows no age and boundaries. In case acne decided to pay a visit, here are two of the best anti-acne products you should consider:
- Acne Treatment –La Roche-Posay’s Effaclar Dermatological Acne System is your best bet when it comes to acne. This skin care trio is a cleanser, toner, and spot treatment in case you have acne prone skin. It clears clogged pores, removes excess oil, and targets bacteria-causing acne. The best part is this acne treatment is less than $30.
- Zit Cream –If you want a zit fighter minus the flakes and irritation after, try Clinique’s Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel. It treats and prevents breakouts while the salicylic acid keeps your skin exfoliated. You can also use this as a spot treatment and with its sea whip extract, you are sure that it will provide soothing capabilities.
These two best skin care products for acne will work. Nonetheless, make sure you seek advice from your dermatologist to make sure you are giving the right treatment for your acne condition.
In case you are worried about your man’s acne condition, Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Acne Wash is among the best skin care products for men.
11. Don’t Forget to Exfoliate Your Skin With This Brightening Facial Scrub
Exfoliation is an important process in your skin care routine. Despite regular cleansing, there is a higher possibility that dirt, bacteria, and dead skin cells remain in the upper layer of your skin. If left unattended, these unwanted substances could lead to various skin issues including acne.
Despite the treatment available, one of the simplest and most effective ways to keep your skin soft and smooth is through exfoliation. When it comes to this department, Acure Brightening Facial Scrub is worth your time.
This product is a natural face scrub that exfoliates and brightens your skin by decongesting your pores and boosting cell turnover. You can also use this face scrub in case you have sensitive skin since it comes with minimal side effects.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly face scrub, this one is the right one to beat for only about $10. Don’t forget to moisturize your skin afterwards, which leads you to the next skin care product.
12. Keep Your Skin Moisturized With the Best Skincare Products Available Today
Here’s the truth about moisturizing: it is hard to escape from it. Regardless of your skin type, moisturizing your skin is an important process that should never be neglected. It keeps your skin smooth, soft, supple, and well-hydrated to prevent dryness or flaking.
Apparently, every skin type requires a specific kind of moisturizer. Check out the best facial moisturizers in town according to your skin type:
- Dry –Shiseido comes with many great products, including Bio-Performance Advanced Super Restoring Cream. This non-drying moisturizer deeply hydrates your skin and maintains your skin’s delicate lipid layer. It also promotes cell turnover and collagen production while keeping your skin moisturized.
- Oily –Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar may work for all skin types, particularly if you have oily skin. Its key ingredients hydrates and smoothes your skin and helps with the exfoliation process. As soon as you applied this on your skin, you will look like you just came from a facial, which is not bad.
- Normal –Don’t be fooled by the “extra dry skin” on the label. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream is perfect for normal and combination skin because of its high dose of hyaluronic acid.
To make sure that your skin is getting enough hydration, don’t forget to drink six to eight glasses of water everyday.
13. Give Your Skin the Glow It Deserves With This Skin Care Product From UK
Many people are raving about this product and it’s not surprising why.
The Pixi Glow Tonic contains high quality ingredients like ginseng, aloe vera, and botanical extract evens your skin tone and gently exfoliates your skin to give your skin its natural glow. It is alcohol-free as well, so you don’t have to worry about your skin getting dry or any side effects like stinging and redness.
As a result, this product leaves your skin soft, smooth, and hydrated, too.
14. Add This Skin Mask in Your List of Best Skin Care Products
You know that for every skin type comes with corresponding products to ensure effectiveness. Did you know that there is a skin mask that could work for all skin types?
Say hello to Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask.
This hydrating treatment reveals firmer, softer, and healthier-looking skin by addressing the following:
- Rough texture
- Loss of elasticity or skin’s firmness
- Fine lines and wrinkles
What makes this product deserving of a spot in this list?
Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask contains Kombucha, black tea ferment and an advanced antioxidant that protects your skin against free radicals that may cause wrinkles and fine lines. It also comes with lychee seed extract to support natural collagen production and jicima root for hydrating and nourishing properties.
Go ahead and give it a try. Paying around $92 for this is worth the try.
15. Heal Problematic Skin With This Supermud Clearing Treatment
Is acne, blemishes, pores, and oiliness a big issue for you? If yes, then this product might work to address pores, acne issues, blemishes, and oiliness.
With its proprietary six-acid blend of AHA and BHA, this Supermud Clearing Treatment deals with your damaged skin, de-clogs, and reduces the appearance of scars, pigmentations, and breakout.
Here’s how to use it:
- Apply a thin layer of this cream to your skin.
- Let it stay on your skin for five to 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with water.
Make sure you use this product regularly and you will see a difference in your skin.
16. Bring Your Skin Back to Its Glory Days With La Mer’s the Renewal Oil
When it comes to keeping your skin in its best state, there is one hormone responsible for it: collagen. Unfortunately, a decrease in collagen level could compromise your skin’s overall health and state.
To improve collagen production, here is a product worth trying: La Mer’s The Renewal Oil.
From the name itself, you can tell that this might came from the fountain of youth. In fact, it could do the following:
- Boosts your body’s collagen production.
- Energizes your skin’s renewal process.
- Softens the look of existing fine lines and wrinkles as it firms your skin.
- Improves the resiliency of your skin’s natural barriers.
All you have to do is to apply three to five drops of this renewal oil on your face and neck twice a day and you are off to a great start.
Here’s the catch: this product may not be the most affordable in the list. A one-ounce bottle costs around $240, which may be over your budget. Nonetheless, this product works wonders on your skin and won’t let you down.
One Last Reminder When Choosing the Best Skincare Products
From this list, you can already tell that there are tons of skincare products sold in the market that promise to address not only specific skin conditions but also to become a part of your daily skincare routine. Before you pay for something, here is something you should remember: do your homework.
This means take time to read the best skin care products reviews to help you trim your list and give you an idea of what to expect when you use a particular product. Reviews are made to aid you in choosing the best skin care products to minimize complications or damage in your skin.
Keep in mind that every skin type requires specific treatments and products. Identify your skin type, establish your skin goals, establish what you want to achieve, and refer to this list. You only want the best for your skin, don’t you?