It might be stress. It might be diet. It might be genetics. Whatever it is, more and more people are feeling like they look older than they are, and that bothers them greatly. This is why now more than ever, there has been wide search for some of the most effective anti-aging creams in the market.
Brands That Work Effectively: Best Anti-Aging Creams Available Today
It is not surprising that nowadays, anti-aging products are usually flying off the shelves. No matter how old you are or what you do in life, you have most likely tried an anti-ageing cream or anti-wrinkle cream at least once. It is almost like making anti-aging part of your skincare routine is something you just have to do if you want to keep wrinkles from appearing on your skin or face.
Lucky for you, you can find a wide range of the best anti-aging creams or anti-wrinkle creams in beauty stores, drug stores and even supermarkets. Here are some many swear by today:
1. Sephora Skincare Boosters – Sephora’s collection of anti-aging creams provides three boosters you will need for Clarifying, Luminizing and Revitalizing your skin. Each booster contains important vitamins and minerals that your skin needs to stay youthful. These include zinc, vitamin C and magnesium.
2. Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum – This anti-ageing cream is made with pro-retinol which helps stimulate collagen development in the skin. Other ingredients in this product that also aids in collagen production and skin elasticity include alfalfa extract, peptides, mulberry extract, larch extract, vitamin C, glycerin and dimethicone.
3. Illuminatural 6i® Advanced Skin Lightening – This anti-wrinkle and anti-ageing cream works by visibly lightening up your face to make any unwanted blemishes on your face and skin become practically invisible. This helps with age spots as well as freckles, acne scars, liver spots, birthmarks, melasma, sun spots, senile lentigines, old scars, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and much more.
4. Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream – This is one of the best anti-aging creams for the eyes, according to a number of anti-aging creams reviews. It readily reduces the appearance of any fine lines around your eyes while keeping your skin hydrated. It doesn’t hurt that it smells wonderful too.
5. Ambi Fade Cream – If dark spots are your worst enemy, then this anti-ageing cream is perfect for you. Made with hydroquinone, alpha hydroxy acid and vitamin E, this skin product reduces hyperpigmentation in the skin gradually and visibly.
6. InstaNatural Niacinamide 5% Face Serum, Vitamin B3 Anti-Aging Moisturizer for Skin – The most ideal anti-aging creams for Dr. Oz are those that are packed with vitamin B3. This particular vitamin is a natural anti-inflammatory, actively helping even your skin tone by making your blemishes, irritated skin and breakouts disappear without effort. The niacinamide in this serum also effectively increases elasticity in the skin.
7. RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream – Unlike other anti-aging face creams, this one is made of retinol which can actively fight off unwanted wrinkles. Go ahead and watch those lines on your face disappear without suffering from any skin irritation.
8. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum – Known to be one of the best anti-aging creams that really work, Neutrogena has combined retinol SA, glucose and hyaluronic acid to improve the appearance of fine lines on your face just one week after using it regularly.
9. Kiehl’s Creamy Midnight Recovery Concentrate – This anti-ageing cream strengthens the elasticity of your skin while you are getting your beauty sleep. It is also one of the most recommended anti-aging creams for men that lets you wake up looking younger and glowing.
10. Hebe Serum – Named one of the top anti-aging creams for 2016, this serum promises to provide deep hydration to the skin while visibly reducing any signs of aging in just 30 days. It also happens to be rich in vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps the body fight against cancer, immune system problems, eye problems, memory problems, mood disorders and much more.
11. Elizabeth Arden Superstart – This luxury anti-aging cream is made with glasswort extract, flaxseed extracts and sea fennel. Together they help the skin retain moisture more effectively while strengthening its defenses.
12. Lancôme Absolue Precious Cells – Made with Pro-Xylane extracted from beechwood trees, this revolutionary cream effectively produces smoother skin by deeply reducing wrinkles. It also increases skin elasticity so you don’t have to worry about skin blemish ever again.
13. Biotherm Blue Therapy Accelerated Serum – Owing to its marine foundation, this anti-aging skincare product is made with the alaria esculenta extract, which is also known as the Algae of Youth. It reverses any sign of aging on the skin. The best part, it easily gets absorbed too so you can readily apply it no matter how busy you are.
14. NeoStrata Youth Factor Eye Contour Cream – What’s unique about this anti-wrinkle cream is that it is made with nine percent Epidermal Growth Factors or EGF. This effectively stimulates the production of both elastin and collagen in the skin, keeping it well hydrated and smooth.
15. Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF 55 Miraculous Anti-Aging Fluid – This anti-ageing cream readily hydrates the skin while giving keeping you protected from the harmful rays of the sun. It’s also lightweight so that it is easy to absorb. Use regularly for best results.
16. DermaDoctor Photodynamic Therapy Sunlight-Activated Laser Lotion SPF 30 – You never have to worry about the sun with this anti-ageing cream. It’s made with a special kind of polyphenol that can covert the sun’s race into a kind of red light that is similar to the ones laser treatments use in order to encourage collagen production in the skin.
17. Algenist Firming & Lifting Cream – Formulated with alguronic acid, this anti-ageing cream increases one’s cell turnover so that you can say goodbye to wrinkles and sagging skin for life. What’s more, it is also made with olive oil and avocado oil that keeps the skin smooth and glowing.
18. La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold – This cream is serious about finding aging and all its symptoms. It readily evens your skin tone while also making your dark spots a lot less visible. It also reduces unwanted lines and pores on the skin.
19. Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra-Lift Serum + Moisturizer – This anti-ageing cream readily reduces your wrinkles while also effectively hydrating your skin. The best part is, you can readily see and feel the difference in a matter of seconds.
20. NIA 24 Sun Damage Prevention UVA/UVB Sunscreen SPF 30 – When the sun is making your skin age faster, try putting on this anti-ageing cream. It’s been formulated with niacin, which readily reduces unwanted sunspots.
With a number of well-recommended anti-aging products available, fighting off aging is not really as hard as it may sound. What you have to do now is to gain a better understanding of how aging works, how do you know it’s happening it’s prematurely happening to you and the things we regularly do that contribute to our own premature aging.
Understanding Age: Chronological Vs. Biological
There’s a famous expression which claims that age is nothing but a number. After all, experts say that there two kinds of age: chronological and biological. One is affected by your number of years while the other is dependent on an entire range of various factors.
Chronological age is simply the age that is determined by the number of years you have been living. This is the age that birthdays are based on. It’s normal for people to enjoy getting chronologically older when they are younger, but not look forward to it as much as time goes by. Nonetheless, having an older chronological age does not mean a person has grown weak. Rather, that has more to do with a person’s biological age.
Your biological or physiological age is said to be determined by a number of factors that look further into your daily lifestyle. It refers to the age you seem to be, based on your physical appearance and condition. Factors that can readily affect your biological age include your daily diet, stress and whether or not you exercise or smoke regularly.
Experts have also said that this kind of age is partly determined by one’s telomeres and DNA methylation in the body.
Aging and Its Different Levels
Whether we like it or not, all of us are bound to experience some form of aging regularly in our lives. It’s not all bad. Aging allows us to progress and improve physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. In today’s world though, experts have determined that aging occurs in four levels. These are:
- Cellular Aging – Here a person is aging based on the number of times the cells in your body have replicated. Normally, a cell is able to replicate itself successfully for 50 times. After this, there is significantly less telomeres in the cell, which means that the genetic matter can no longer be copied accurately. When there is greater damage done by free radicals to cells, they have to replicate more.
- Hormonal Aging – This is the kind of aging, which refers to growth that is spurred on by hormonal changes. Puberty is a good example of hormonal aging along with menopause.
- Metabolic Aging – When the cells in your body regularly convert food into energy, they can also end up creating certain byproducts, which cause for the body to age. This is why some experts believe that secret to slowing done a person’s aging process lies in being able to slow down their metabolic process.
- Accumulated Body Damage – This kind of aging is brought about exclusively by a wide range of external factors. People tend to look older after being significantly exposed to toxins, smoke, pollution and the sun. Unhealthy foods can also lead the body to look older than it really is. This is because over time, these factors can lead to significant tissue damage.
How You Know You’re Aging: Signs You’re Dire Need of Anti-Aging Creams
Like other conditions in life, there are certain clear signs that indicate that your body is experiencing some premature aging. Here are some of the common ones that you can readily look out for:
- Wrinkles – These are a clear sign that you are not taking care of your body properly as wrinkles can indicate that you have problems in your liver or digestive track. The truth is it’s not safe to ignore your wrinkles. It can be a symptom of something much worse.
- Change in Skin Tone or Skin Texture – For starters, having dry or flaky skin all of a sudden may indicate that you are experiencing problems in your thyroid. With a damaged thyroid, your adrenals will not be able to function properly and make you feel energized for the day. Because of this, you will tend to look and feel more aged.
- Cotton Mouth – Experiencing dry mouth in the morning may be a sign you have sleep apnea, sleep disorder wherein your breathing stops and then starts again repeatedly. This is also a clear sign that you are aging faster than you’d like.
- Red Eyes – Having red eyes can mean that your joints are stiffening up, which also means that you may have arthritis.
- Hairless Feet or Toes – This can indicate that you are experiencing a clog in your blood flow, which causes blood vessels under your skin to die.
- Hearing Loss – This can be a symptom of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
Aging can happen to your body for a host of reasons. The sad truth is we sometimes immerse ourselves in a number of daily habits that make us look older and readily put wrinkles on our face. If you’re wondering about when to use anti-aging creams, having any of these symptoms may be a good indication that you should start.
A Closer Look: Are You Aging Because of Lifestyle Habits?
Whether you admit it or not, what you do or don’t do regularly can cause for you to look much older than you really are. Some of these lifestyle habits that make you look and feel aged include:
- Smoking – You might want to not reach for another pack of cigarettes again. Smoking has the ability to speed up your aging process. It also turns your complexion dull while making unwanted wrinkles on your face appear.
- Excessive Drinking – Consuming too much alcohol daily can readily dehydrate your skin and make you look much older in no time.
- Regular Facial Expressions – You might think it’s cute or endearing but pulling off the same facial expressions daily means you are also regularly contracting the same muscles in your face. Over time, this causes lines to appear. In the long run, these lines also become permanent.
- Using Skincare Products That Sting or Hurt You – If the skincare product you’ve been using is harmful and uncomfortable, it is probably not a good idea to continue using it. When a cream, serum, lotion or gel leaves you with a stinging or burning feeling, it means the product is readily irritating your skin. You may not be aware but skin irritation also leads to premature skin aging.
- Lack of Beauty Sleep – If you think getting at least eight hours of sleep a day is just a mere suggestion, it’s not. This is one of the key habits to making sure you will look ageless for as long as possible. This is because when you are in deep sleep, your pituitary gland secretes growth hormone, which is also vital for skin tissue renewal. Without sleep, your pituitary gland won’t be able to do its job properly.
- A Constant Flow of Stress – When you are always feeling emotionally stressed, there is an increased secretion of two stress hormones in your body: adrenaline and cortisol. Together, they make you look older while also damaging your bone density and ruining your bone structure.
What You Eat Can Age You: How Some Foods Can Add Years to Your Face
Aside from some less than ideal lifestyle habits, eating the wrong kind of foods can also end up adding more years to your face than you would look like. Here are some of the food items you may want to avoid to keep your face from aging:
- Candy – Yes, they are colorful and simply irresistible treats. You may want to know, however, that candy in all forms readily cause pimples. If you are ever wondering about why you end up with so much skin breakouts even when you’re past puberty already, consider that candy bar you’ve always got on your desk at work. It may be hard to accept, but that is exactly the culprit to your skin woes.
- Chips – Sure, they’re crunchy, tasty and definitely addictive. The problem with this junk food, however, is that all its refined carbohydrates also damage the collagen in your skin. Over time, don’t be surprised if lines and wrinkles start appearing more all over your face.
- Hydrogenated Fats – Experts refer to this as an artificial kind of fat. They are commonly used by most food purveyors to serve their baked goods and deep fried goodies. The problem with these is that they readily promote inflammation in your body while making you resistant to insulin.
- Sugary Juices and Sodas – When you choose these drinks that are low on actual fruit and just high on artificial flavors and sugar, you are simply agreeing to age a lot quicker than others around you. Remember that these drinks are low in fiber, which means there is nothing present here that can keep blood sugar from making your skin age prematurely. After some time, you will also see wrinkles appear on your face.
- Margarine – Even if it is sometimes a marketed as a spread that is healthier than butter, don’t be easily fooled. Margarine does more harm to your body than good. As far as aging goes, a new study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition reveals that there is a significant link between wrinkles on the skin and consumption of margarine.
Foods That Can Make You Young
If there are foods and drinks that readily make you look older, there are also those that help make you look younger and glowing. Here are some that you can munch on regularly to defy age and keep wrinkles off your face:
- Oranges and Grapefruit
- Avocados and Tomatoes
- Oats and Honey
- Berries and Grapes
- Fish and Lean Beef
- Yogurt and Kefir
- Nuts, Eggs and Beans
- Green Tea and Cranberry juice
- Red Wine
- Cottage Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Parsley, Kale and Kelp
- Cucumbers and Carrots
- Dark Chocolate
- Brussels Sprouts and Collard Greens
- Broccoli and Cauliflower
Include these foods and drinks in your daily diet and watch your lines and wrinkles become much less visible. Just be sure to avoid deep frying any the vegetables and protein to keep them healthy. When it comes to cooking your meals, always opt for baking, broiling, steaming, boiling or grilling. For dessert, enjoy the fruits fresh rather than turning them into a sugary cake or pastry.
In today’s world, there are a number of factors that lead to men and women suddenly aging more quickly than they would like. There is nothing to be embarrassed about if you are suffering from this problem. Lucky for you, there are a number of anti-aging creams that can help fight aging in your skin. At the same time, you can also make a number of lifestyle changes to help make you look younger and more vibrant than ever before.