Contrary to what most people believe, it is possible to reduce the appearance of age spots on your skin without having to undergo harsh treatments such as cryotherapy, chemical peels and lasers. With the help of an effective age spot removal treatment, you can easily get rid of freckles, age spots, blemishes and other skin imperfections that make your skin look unsightly and aged.
Natural Age Spot Removal Treatments Are Best
Some people accept age spots as a fact of life. Despite taking precautionary measures, they do get age spots on their body. But, with the latest innovations in natural skin treatment lines, now it’s easy to fight even the most stubborn forms of blemishes, age spots and freckles.
If you are dealing with spots on your skin and wondering what the best age spot removal treatments are, you will be surprised to know nothing works as effectively and safely as natural age spot remover treatments.
To learn how to remove age spots naturally, read below.
9 Natural Ingredients For Safe Age Spot Removal Treatment
You can find several types of age spots removal creams and products on the market today; however the main problem is that these products contain lots of harsh chemicals that can be harmful to your skin’s health in the long run.
So, it is suggested to avoid using such chemically loaded products.
Using organic skin products that are composed of natural ingredients works well to cure age spots as well as other blemishes on the skin. Let’s have a look at some of the natural ingredients that should be present in an effective and natural age spot removal treatment.
- Nutgrass Root: This is one of the most commonly used natural substances in age spot removal skin treatments today. It helps to remove age spots and freckles and can also lighten your complexion considerably. Professionals claim that nutgrass contains ingredients that inhibit the formation of melanin by up to forty percent.
- Shea Butter: Moisturizers composed of natural ingredients work to moisturize your skin, but the chemicals usually make the skin look dull after a few months of use.
Shea butter is an effective alternative to chemical-laden moisturizers available on the market since it is natural and imparts softness to the skin.
Aloe Vera Leaf Juice: Aloe vera is inflammatory in nature.
When applied on the skin it soothes irritation and sensitivity. The anti-bacterial and antifungal properties of aloe vera make it the perfect emollient for skin disorders and blemishes.
Aloe vera is one of the popular ingredients in numerous age spot removal creams. Aloe vera is a spiny succulent plant that contains a gel, which is extracted from the leaves.
- Palmaria Palmata Extract: Palmaria Palmata, also known as Dulse, is a red seaweed that grows on rocks. Whitonyl is extracted from this seaweed, which is a natural skin brightener.
It is a powerful ingredient that effectively destroys damaging free radicals. It also has anti-pigmenting properties and it works to prevents melanogenesis. The clinical trials performed on this extract indicate that it gives the skin a clear and luminous complexion.
- Alpha Arbutin: Primarily, this ingredient is extracted from a small evergreen bush known as Bearberry. Arbutin is popular for its skin lightening properties. Even medical studies vouch for the effectiveness of this natural ingredient to lighten the skin tone considerably.
The best thing about this natural ingredient is that it does not cause any unpleasant side effects as other skin lightening agents do, such as hydroquinone.
Thus, it is used as one of the potent ingredients in numerous age spot removal skin creams.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: Green tea leaf extract is obtained from the leaves of Camellia Sinensis. The extract is rich in antioxidants, which protect the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals. The incorporation of green tea leaf extract into your skin care routine possibly slows down the effects of aging. It also works as an effective age spot removal ingredient.
The anti-inflammatory properties of green tea reduce skin inflammation and promote the health of the collagen tissues. This in turn keeps your skin firm and elastic.
Grape Seed Extract: Grape seed extract, also referred to as GSE, is considered to be an effective and potent ingredient for enhancing the health of your skin.
Grape seed extract is composed of flavonoids, which bind with the free radicals on the skin and prevent aging in cells.
Topical application of grape seed extract works in several ways. It strengthens and nourishes the skin cells such as elastin and collagen to make the skin look young and healthy. GSE also improves the moisture barrier of the skin cells, and allows the skin to retain needed moisture.
- Milk Thistle Extract: Milk Thistle can do wonders for the skin. The amazing cleansing properties of milk thistle make it an effective treatment for acne. This extract can moisturize dry or cracked skin and it is regarded for its ability to impart a healthy glow to the skin.
A study carried out to understand the benefits of milk thistle extract for the skin indicates that there was a substantial improvement in skin redness, itching and hydration after using it. It was also found that milk thistle shields the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays and blocks the activity of free radicals.
- Ginkgo Biloba Extract: Ginkgo biloba extract is extensively used in several age spot removal skin treatments.
It contains natural flavonoids, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents, which keep the skin young and healthy. It helps in balancing melanin in the skin and reduces skin disorders such as hyperpigmentation and age spots.
Ginkgo is also found to be beneficial in protecting the skin from the ultraviolet rays of the sun and improving the formation of collagen to keep the skin firm.
If you use an age spot removal treatment with these combinations of ingredients, your age spots will easily fade and you will get a younger and fairer skin tone.
Healthy Tips For Healthy Skin
Excessive exposure to the sun’s rays is the most common reason for increased intensity of blemishes and age spots on your skin.
The ultraviolet rays of the sun damage your skin and trigger the formation of more melanin than usual. This leads to the formation of melanin spots and age spots.
Along with exposure to intense sun rays, stress also triggers the formation of age spots. Stress causes the formation of free radicals which damage the skin and rob it of needed moisture and hydration.
So, in order to prevent your skin from becoming further aggravated, you should wear a sunscreen with high SPF at all times and also find ways to reduce your oxidative stress to minimize the activity of harmful free radicals. Along with these tips, do not forget to use a natural age spot removal skin cream!