The average woman will spend approximately $15,000 dollars on makeup in her lifetime. Yes, $15,000 dollars in a lifetime. There are many other ways to spend $15,000, especially when there are ways to eat your way to beautiful skin without paying a large price.
We constantly strive to look like the female goddesses that grace the red carpets, TV shows, and the covers of magazines; but clearly we don’t have the financial means they do. Obviously, it would be nice to have regular dermatologist visits to attain a flawless complexion, but this is not realistic for us everyday females. Fear not, since there are numerous healthy tips for beautiful skin that benefit your overall health, as well.
Read the following list to learn how to fill your refrigerator or pantry with foods that will help you obtain flawless, beautiful skin.
1. Water: It is recommended that the average woman drink approximately 91 ounces, or 2.7 liters of water per day. While many argue about this ideal amount of water consumption, it is proven that staying hydrated is important when striving for beautiful skin.
This is because our skin functions as a barrier to retain water. Once we become dehydrated, we run the risk of having dry or wrinkled skin.
Now don’t get us wrong – chugging water will not automatically result in beautiful skin. If anything, drinking water in excess will only result in more frequent trips to the bathroom.
Staying hydrated is just one factor when trying to maintain or achieve beautiful skin. It is recommended that you include other factors to help beautify your skin.
Hydrating your body by drinking plenty of fluids has a cumulative effect. Drinking water consistently each day will provide beneficial results, but it is important to be patient. It seems there are many benefits to consuming water, so drink up.
2. Honey: In addition to increasing water consumption, there are also many foods that help attain that flawless, beautiful skin we all hope to have. Let’s start off with where the honey comes from and how it is processed,since it is important when using honey to help create beautiful skin. Store bought honey will not do the trick – visit that local farmer, or seek out raw, natural honey.
It is also important to note that we’re not talking about the consumption of honey, but rather the application. That’s right – just slather some honey on your face for that desired beautiful skin. Honey can be useful in many different ways, such as:
- Dab some honey on that pesky zit.
- Mix honey with tea tree oil for an all-natural cleanser.
- Apply a thin layer of raw honey as a facial mask for 30 minutes after a shower.
- Add two cups of honey when you run your bath.
All of these options will help you reach your goal of beautiful skin in no time.
3. Seafood: Don’t worry, we’re not recommending you rub fish on your face. Instead, consuming seafood will help beautify your skin easily.
Seafood contains two nutrients that allow it to work wonders for your skin: zinc and omega-3 fatty acids. Zinc helps fight acne as it works to stop the production of sebum, an oily substance, while omega-3 fatty acids fight dryness and inflammation.
Clearly, the combination of these nutrients is what allows fish to become such a pivotal ingredient when working towards beautiful skin. If you cannot stand seafood, then you may want to try flax seed oil or walnuts, which also contain omega-3 and zinc.
4. Eggs: Between the yolk and the white, eggs contain vitamin A, B complex vitamins, biotin, protein and water. Whether you consume eggs or go for an egg white facial, eggs can help tighten, lift and smooth your skin.
5. Vitamin C: If it’s beautiful skin you’re after, then vitamin C should be a must in your diet. Vitamin C helps produce collagen, which is a protein that forms the basic structure of your skin. Once collagen begins to break down, your skin begins to wrinkle – so keep up that vitamin C intake.
Vitamin C also has many antioxidant properties that help fight inflammation and the production of free radicals, so if you’re looking to beautify your skin, then it is important to eat some Vitamin C. You can find vitamin C can be found in many fruits, such as oranges, strawberries, acerola cherries, tomatoes and grapefruit, as well as vegetables, such as bell peppers and broccoli.
6. Oats: Your mom was right when she told you to eat your oatmeal. Oats contain fats, proteins, saponins, polysaccharides and healthy starches that help your skin in many ways.
The consumption of oats will help your skin retain water, naturally cleanse any antifungal or antibacterial remnants, and fight anti-inflammatories and antioxidants. It is a natural way to help dry, itchy, and irritated skin, too.
7. Beta Carotene: When consumed, beta-carotene is converted into Vitamin-A, which as we now know is essential to beautiful skin. Beta-carotene has many antioxidant properties, so it helps fight skin cell damage. It is also beneficial for eye health as well! It is important to note that beta-carotene should only besought-after through foods.
Many beta-carotene supplements have negative side effects, but don’t worry consuming beta-carotene through food is both safe and very beneficial. Instead of opting for the supplement, find beta-carotene in foods such as carrots, spinach, yams, and kale.
8. Nuts: If you’re looking to beautify your skin, then you should consume various nuts, especially almonds. Many nuts contain vitamin E, which have anti-aging properties, such as free radicals. Vitamin E also helps the skin retain moisture, so this eliminates dryness, causing skin to look more youthful. Other great sources of vitamin E include avocado, spinach, shrimp, asparagus and Swiss chard.
9. Whole Grains: One of the last, but certainly not the least ways to eat your way to beautiful skin is by consuming more whole grains, not to mention reducing your risk of stroke, type 2 diabetes, heart attacks and cancer.
Do we really need more reasons to eat whole grains than this? Whole grains also help beautify your skin.
With a relatively low glycemic index, whole grains help maintain a steady balance of insulin. Refined carbs, such as white bread, cause a rise in insulin, which in turn allows room for zits to form. Instead, opt for whole grains and watch the breakouts disappear.
In addition to altering your diet to include these nutrients, it is recommended that you add an affordable moisturizer or lightener to your skin-care regimen. Illuminatural6i is an effective lightening serum that will help you achieve that beautiful skin you’ve been dreaming of, especially if pimples have left you with scars or dark spots.
With the presence of Photoshop, filters and faulty lighting, it is becoming easier for us to by pass these healthy options and temporarily fix our skin, at least in images. But you can’t hide behind a filter in real life. Remember to follow these ways to eat your way to beautiful skin. They are much more affordable and healthier alternatives to some of the other skin-care options out there.