It happens to everyone. When we look in the mirror, we find those tired and dull, puffy eyes staring back at us. No matter how good your skin looks and how expensive your dress is, those lifeless pair of eyes is enough to spoil your overall personality. It’s hard to feel refreshed and active when your eyes look tired and droopy and are carrying enough baggage for a month-long vacation. But worry no more, because there are plenty of things you can do to look refreshed and energized again.
What Causes Zombie Eyes?
By and large, eye bags are caused by excess fluids that accumulate underneath the eye, along with the accumulation of fatty deposits. This makes the skin around the eye region thinner over time as facial tissue weakens and youthful subcutaneous fat disperses.
They are usually considered a sign of fatigue and stress, but age is another factor, too. As you age, your skin loses collagen and thins, which makes the veins more prominent.
If you have thin skin under your eyes, you are bound to get that unwanted eye luggage. Genetics also plays a role in this.
While a sound sleep is essential to reduce those puffy bags, a thorough natural treatment is necessary to reduce their appearance permanently. If you are worried you won’t be able to find the right baggy eye treatment, here’s a list tried and true natural treatments:
1. Traditional Cucumber Treatment: You have seen ladies putting a slice of cucumber on their eyes while they wait for their face pack to dry.
This is one of the oldest and most effective remedies that can work wonders to give your eyes the natural look that they had in your youth.
You just need to grab a cucumber from the grocery store, peel it, cut it, and place a slice on each eye. It is important to ensure that the slices are cold, as that helps with puffiness.
With the cucumber slices in place, you should relax with your eyes closed for 10 or 15 minutes. While your eyes are refreshing, the antioxidants contained in the cucumber work to invigorate the appearance of skin around the eyes, leaving a fresher and less tired appearance.
2. Classic Tea Bag Treatment: After you have finished brewing tea, put the leftover tea bags into the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes. Once you have finished your cup of tea, your tea bags will be ready to place on your eyes.
Lie down in a comfortable position and set the chilled tea bags on your eyelids. Not only will this treatment relax your eyes, but it will also force your eyes to rest.
The effective tannins contained in tea bags will reduce swelling and relieve the skin around your eyes. Isn’t that economic and effective; a cup of tea is enough to re-energized your body and brighten your eyes, too.
3. Facial Eye Toning Therapy: An inexpensive, yet an effective way to get rid of those zombie eyes is performing facial toning. You can do this by massaging around the eyes at least two times a day for about five to 10 minutes.
Use light fingertip strokes to massage the skin around the eye sockets and against the bone. You may experience a minor tingling sensation in the middle face area, which confirms that the eye massage is stimulating blood flow to the eye zone.
This exercise helps lessen the accumulation of fluids, which is then removed by the body’s lymphatic system and in turn, reduces puffiness. This eye toning will also help in reducing the appearance of raccoon eyes. This treatment costs nothing, but the results are noticeable and permanent.
4. Cold Water Treatment: Cold water is the most affordable and easily available remedy to use when you want to erase those puffy eye bags. It’s as simple as it sounds. Yes, you just need to dip a clean piece of cloth in cold water and touch it to your eyes for 10 minutes. It is best to try this remedy before going to bed. This will allow your eyes to relax during the night and when you wake up, those eye bags will be nearly gone.
5. Chilled Spoon Treatment: Before going to sleep at night, dip two metal spoons in water and freeze them in your freezer. In the morning, take out those chilled spoons and place the rounded sides on each of your eyes. Rest your eyes for a few minutes. The coldness will soothe your eyes and reduce puffiness. This treatment will also prepare your eyes for makeup application. Just a bit of advice: Perform this treatment in privacy, as you probably won’t like others looking at you in bewilderment or amusement.
6. Aloe Gel Miracle: Aloe gel has long been considered a miracle treatment for varying skin issues, including swollen bags under eyes. You just need to pluck a leaf from a fresh aloe vera plant and squeeze the gel out.
Rub this gel around your eyes in a circular motion until you feel that it has been absorbed into the skin. The aloe gel is also cooling in nature and has a moisturizing effect.
The effective antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe gel not only reduce the puffiness of your eyes, but also rejuvenate the skin. After you are done, your eyes will be brighter and refreshed. One word of warning:Be careful not to get any of the aloe vera gel in your eyes, as it could irritate them.
Eye bags are aggravated by using the wrong skincare products and consuming processed foods that are rich in unhealthy fat and salt. Oily eye creams with low-quality ingredients can stimulate puffiness because the residue is absorbed into the tissue directly below the eyes.
Thus, using eye cream from reputable companies, such as from illuminatural6i.com is the safest and best idea. They have a high-performance cream that contains a blend of potent ingredients that help improve skin firmness, provide moisture, fade raccoon eyes and revive tired eyes by reducing their puffiness.
Now you will experience less frustration when using makeup and concealer to hide those zombie eyes by using these remedies and natural eye creams. Say goodbye to your baggy eyes forever.