To what lengths would you go to achieve your ideal beauty? We’ve all heard about bizarre but effective beauty tips, such as putting toothpaste on a blemish, avoiding chocolate and washing your face with cold water. But do the celebrities also follow such basic beauty tips? Surprisingly, many of our most beloved celebrities follow some pretty bizarre beauty regimens that we can all imitate if we choose to do so.
Have you ever wondered how celebrities attain such perfect skin? With the exception of the expensive exotic leaches and synthetic snake venom, many of the star’s beauty secrets are easily attainable for us simply through a trip to the local grocery store.
Here is a list of 10 Bizarre Celebrity Beauty Secrets:
1. Gwyneth Paltrow: We have a few secrets of Gwyneth’s to discuss. Let’s start with the least bizarre, shall we? Gwyneth partakes in the ancient Ayurvedic technique of oil pulling. What exactly does this mean? Simply swish organic oil around in your mouth for approximately 15 minutes then rinse.
While Gwyneth reportedly uses cold extra virgin oil, other stars such as Shailene Woodley are said to use organic sesame oil; however, if you have sunflower oil, olive oil or coconut oil laying around, that would suffice, as well!
Perhaps a little more bizarre is Gwyneth’s practice of brushing her hair with a loofah. That’s right, that little sponge you use to scrub your body with in the shower. Supposedly, Gwyneth’s stylist claims that the loofah helps tame flyaways while adding volume to her hair.
As if the oil and loofah were not enough, Gwyneth Paltrow has yet another bizarre beauty secret – synthetic snake venom. Syn-Ake is a very popular anti-aging practice. The concept of snake venom causing its prey to become paralyzed is replicated in Syn-Ake to tighten and firm the skin.
2. Scarlett Johansonn: Unusual, but actually quite practical, is Scarlett’s habit of cleansing her face with apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains many antifungal and antibacterial properties, so it is beneficial to apply to your skin.
It is important to note that apple cider vinegar may sting, especially if blemishes are present, so it is suggested to mix a 1:3 ratio of apple cider vinegar to water for a facial cleanse. In fact, if you have sensitive skin you may want even more water. You can pick up organic apple cider vinegar at most grocery stores.
3. Halle Berry: Another strange secret that includes ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store would be Halle Berry’s secret bath scrub – coffee grounds.
This celeb claims that the caffeine found in coffee helps rejuvenate her skin and the texture acts to exfoliate and help control cellulite.
Simply add some coffee grounds to create a bath scrub to mirror Halle Berry’s cellulite busting bizarre beauty secret.
4. Nicole Kidman: Another grocery store item involved in a celebrity’s peculiar beauty regimen would be Nicole Kidman’s usage of cranberry juice. Similarly to the old wives’ tale of lemon juice in a blonde’s hair, Nicole Kidman finds that soaking her locks in a cup of cranberry juice after a shampoo helps add shine and luster to her beautiful, already cranberry colored, tresses. This one probably makes less of a mess than the coffee grounds, for sure.
5. Jennifer Love-Hewitt: Here’s a celeb that uses a typical grocery store item that happens to be one of the old wives’ tales – toothpaste. A dab of toothpaste left to sit on a blemish or unwanted spot will clear up facial flaws right away.
While many dermatologists scoff at this option, it is really worth trying. Now, you have valid reason to try this old remedy. Jennifer Love-Hewitt uses it to keep her face as well as teeth clean.
6. Julia Roberts: Olive oil has many health benefits due to its healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Perhaps this is why Julia Roberts soaks her hands in it.
Claiming that soaking her hands in olive oil helps moisturize cuticles and skin, Julia Roberts reportedly soaks her hands weekly. Even a few minutes of her hands submerged in the oil, according to the star and her glam squad, her skin is rejuvenated and moisturized.
7. Mariah Carey: We all know Mariah Carey by her lusciously plump lips, but what you may not know is the bizarre beauty secret for how she manages to add some plumpness to those lips – peppermint oil.
Mariah Carey reportedly adds a drop of essential peppermint oil to her lip gloss, since it acts as a natural lip plumper. And we bet it smells delicious as well!
8. Sandra Bullock: Sandra Bullock’s strange beauty secret may not smell as nicely as Mariah Carey’s, but she claims it’s just as effective. Sandra Bullock admits to adding a dab of hemorrhoid cream under her eyes to prevent swelling and puffiness.
That’s right, hemorrhoid cream. If you’re going to try this one, be sure to keep the cream away from your eyes, as it is a hazard if expose to the inside of your eye. Peculiar and dangerous, too, so be careful with this one.
9. Demi Moore: Demi Moore must have a collection of beauty secrets at her disposal because the celeb is simply flawless for her age. Out of all of her beauty secrets, however, the most unusual must be her habit of flying to Austria to seek out medical leeches.
This seems quite old-fashioned, right? Actually these medical leeches have the ability to suck out harmful toxins of the blood stream. Are you getting goosebumps just thinking about it?
10. Victoria Beckham: To top our list of the most weird celebrity beauty secrets, and quite frankly the most disgusting, is Victoria Beckham’s tendency to have Japanese geisha facials done.
Sounds exquisite, right? Just to let you know that the most prominent ingredient in this facial is nightingale droppings. Yes, you heard right, bird poop. The droppings are used to formulate a paste-like facial. While this may work to help rejuvenate and revitalize, it is hard to apply.
These celebrities clearly have some bizarre beauty tips, and perhaps you would like to go try some. While it is best avoid the bird droppings and leeches, why not seek out some simple, easily attainable items to enhance your beauty?
If you’re looking for products that will work, then it is recommend using a quality toner or highlighter that will help enhance your skin. One product that is guaranteed to work is illuminatural6i Advanced Lightener.
Now that you know how the celebrities attain such flawless skin. Try these tips to see if they work for you. You may be pleasantly surprised.